Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've joined the 'Custard Club'!

Returning to our van from the waterfalls in Switzerland we seemed to be seeing double...

IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4308.JPG

IMG_4311.JPG

What were the chances of that. I bet you had to look twice.

And now I've left the Custard Club.

We waved goodbye to our Beach yesterday. Sad to see it go but it did a great job of being our home for a month around Europe. Plan to do the same next year I think. :)

And now I've left the Custard Club.

We waved goodbye to our Beach yesterday. Sad to see it go but it did a great job of being our home for a month around Europe. Plan to do the same next year I think. :)

Hang on a minute.
Did you buy a Cali for one trip, use it, then sold it...???

Last edited:
Sure did. Worked out brilliantly and planning to do the same thing next year. :)

It would have cost nearly £4000 to hire one for our trip.

So instead of that - buy a Cali in late July (at the right price ;) ) under three years old so you have full warranty cover and EU breakdown cover, sell the fridge and awning that came with it, enjoy a fantastic month in France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany making sure you look after it well. And sell it on in September (again at the right price ;) ).

Do this right and you just might find the maths works out very nicely indeed.

That's a really nice Cali'
We have the same opinion as regards the Bonds etc and will be placing an order for a Beach here in Spain as soon as possible.

Sure did. Worked out brilliantly and planning to do the same thing next year. :)

It would have cost nearly £4000 to hire one for our trip.

So instead of that - buy a Cali in late July (at the right price ;) ) under three years old so you have full warranty cover and EU breakdown cover, sell the fridge and awning that came with it, enjoy a fantastic month in France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany making sure you look after it well. And sell it on in September (again at the right price ;) ).

Do this right and you just might find the maths works out very nicely indeed.

Great work Max.
I couldn't do it as I need mine all year round, but well worth considering for a trip like you have just done.
Very savvy:thumb

Cheers, yes - I'd love one to have use of any time but in all honesty we have other cars and camping for me is all about sunshine, foreign travel and long lazy days in the mountains or lakes of southern Europe. :)

Back