calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I am going to change my unreliable fresh water pump for a nice new one
Not the £145 vw one but this one

20130412_074501.jpg

Have you been having issues then Kev? Is your van out of warranty now?

Hi stu. Yes the end of last year it stopped working I removed it only to find the impeller had stuck
I released it and had it running for a couple of months then when I filled the water tank last weekend too go away the same thing happened so I thought best change it. :thumb not to bad really you just need an ability to stand on your head :laugh2

Hi Kev

You've probably already seen my other post asking for advice on how to remove the water tank cover as it's stuck tight.

Out of interest, how much did your new pump cost and how are you getting on with it?

Cheers

Mike

Seems a regular problem these waterpumps , had issuses on my Cali still under warrenty .
Emptyed the fresch water tank and refilled it the normal way , afterwards the pump diden't do the job anymore....
Replaced pump under warrenty . Don't (want) know what it wold cost!

Dorchest said:
Hi Kev

You've probably already seen my other post asking for advice on how to remove the water tank cover as it's stuck tight.

Out of interest, how much did your new pump cost and how are you getting on with it?

Cheers

Mike

Hi mike I have still to fit it. The original has decided to behave itself so I am going to wait until it packs up completely. The pump was about a tenner if I recall. I also had a stuck lid I got a small piece of wood and tapped it round using a rubber mallet
Hope this helps :thumb