Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jokkmokk's vinter market

Palm

Palm

Ingrid & Christer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After a trip to Jokkmokk's market, where it was -27 C°, yep it's cold. Before the trip, I had changed the gas bottle and brought propane gas, which copes with the cold much better. In addition to that, I can state that the diesel heater works excellently and is able to keep a decent heat in the car. The water tank froze on the trip up to Jokkmokk, it is true what is written in the manual, i.e. that -5 C° is some kind of lower limit.
In summary, I can state
- that it is important to stay at a campsite or otherwise have access to electricity, water and sanitation.
- that it is important to have extra fresh water in a can inside the car. We had 3 liters in reserve.
- that it is stupid to have water in the fresh water tank, when you can expect severe cold. It took three days to thaw the lump of ice after the trip.
- that it was right to change the gas bottle and bring propane gas, which copes with the cold much better.
Finally, it's a great car that can handle a lot.

IMG_0589.jpg

After a trip to Jokkmokk's market, where it was -27 C°, yep it's cold. Before the trip, I had changed the gas bottle and brought propane gas, which copes with the cold much better. In addition to that, I can state that the diesel heater works excellently and is able to keep a decent heat in the car. The water tank froze on the trip up to Jokkmokk, it is true what is written in the manual, i.e. that -5 C° is some kind of lower limit.
In summary, I can state
- that it is important to stay at a campsite or otherwise have access to electricity, water and sanitation.
- that it is important to have extra fresh water in a can inside the car. We had 3 liters in reserve.
- that it is stupid to have water in the fresh water tank, when you can expect severe cold. It took three days to thaw the lump of ice after the trip.
- that it was right to change the gas bottle and bring propane gas, which copes with the cold much better.
Finally, it's a great car that can handle a lot.

View attachment 104784
Awesome! Jokkmokk's market added to the list of places to visit :thumb