Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just a Quick one

Trojax

Trojax

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So we are off to France in July and been looking at the tunnel and its quite expensive unless you go at an ungodley hour, so have been checking the Ferry's as its not much longer but has better crossing times. SOOOO are people booking as a large car or a van on the P&O website a large car is 5m with a hight of 1.83 and a Van is 7m long but unlimited hight should I just book the van ?

So we are off to France in July and been looking at the tunnel and its quite expensive unless you go at an ungodley hour, so have been checking the Ferry's as its not much longer but has better crossing times. SOOOO are people booking as a large car or a van on the P&O website a large car is 5m with a hight of 1.83 and a Van is 7m long but unlimited hight should I just book the van ?

You can definitely book as a high car ( height < 2.2m, length < 6m ) with DFDS.

Well, you got your home with you so do hours really matter? ;)

We start late in the evening, usually take the cheapest train out and just out of the Calais Eurotunnel there is an Aire where you can park up for the night. We usually drive for an hour and park up in a services for the night. The next day morning you can start your journey in earnest - waking up early in the morning ... and as mansfieldman said - high car is fine or van.

Back