Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ferry Classification

Custardtart

Custardtart

Hello all
I'm trying to book a crossing with the P&O ferry out of Dover.
The online booking form asks for a vehicle classification but I can't figure out the right option:

car > 1.85m - maybe although the Cali is based on a commercial vehicle
minibus - only 5 of us so not really the same as an 11-15 seater minibus!
van - not being used for commercial purposes and the Cali has windows
motorhome - no sink/cooker etc

Even though you put the vehicle dimensions in each seems to attract a different cost.

I'm inclined to go car >1.85m and put in the actual dimensions.

Anyone any experience travelling with P&O and a Cali Beach?

:?:

Always take a chance and go for the minimum....with the rush of boarding they are unlikely to quibble......when I went from Greece to Italy and then from Sicily to Tunisia I took liberties and got away with it, and cheap.....mind you out there they have sofas, sinks, wash machines, beds etc piled on top of cars as they go on the ferries........

When I got the ferry from Trapani ( Sicily ) to Tunisia....it was mind boggling to see how the returning Tunisians were piling there cars up.....amazing....

I book as a high car on the channel tunnel :thumb

Just got a Stena line ferry and I phoned them to check. Guy on the phone confirmed that car above 185cm was correct, then waxed lyrical about what an amazing vehicle the Cali was and said he was very jealous :)

Thanks for all the advice - I'm assuming it's good!

Ticket is booked for a car > 1.85m

:thanks

I booked euro tunnel and declared the dimensions straight from the brochure. I didn't add for te bike rack extending a few feet further !

It was a bit of a surprise when I went on the m6 toll road ! Didnt expect the toll to be so much higher.

For info - the advice was good - no problem with going on as a car > 1.85m.

My next Euro Tunnel booking is as a van. I wonder if we'll be so lucky.

Back