Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just arrived

kenm

kenm

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Our week 5 build has just been delivered and we are now proud owners of a new Cali. This is our first venture into the world of camper vans so we are still finding our way around all the bits and pieces. This site has been really useful and we enjoyed meeting up with some of the Scottish contingent last weekend. Hopefully we will make it down to farm in July and meet a few more folk. Plans for when the weather gets a bit warmer include the western isles and Shetland. Longer term we are looking at Norway and Iceland as well as covering some of the Baltic states. I was also quite taken by the idea of shipping the van over to North America for an extended trip but that will take a bit of organisation. Hopefully we will be able to pick up a few tips from travellers on this site as we plan our adventures.

Looking forward to meeting other Cali's on the road.

Ken and Gill

:hello

Hi Ken and Gill, it was great to meet you on Sunday and we're thrilled to hear that your long-awaited Cali has finally arrived.
We wish you all the best on your adventures and will hopefully see you again at Cali's on the farm

Linda and David

Ken & Gill,

That's great news ! Just a week too late for our get-together. Good to hear of your forward plans too.

You were wondering if we could organise an informal overnight in May. I don't know if this might work out but Barefoot62 here on the forum is coming up to the west/NW coast in late May for a week and was asking me if there are any plans for a little Cali meet. I can't make it then unfortunately (already going walking/camping in Rum and Colonsay) but if you guys were interested ... and Looby/Scapa ...?

Sounds like a plan. Just let us know dates and place. Applecross is always worth a visit with a good campsite and pub close by. The road up from Kishorn via the Bealach nam Bo is an experience not to be missed and the cali will cope fine on the hairpins.

I sent a MSG to Ewan earlier in the week wondering when you were planning your camping weekend? My wife and I will be on the west coast during the last week in May prior to the Bank holiday, it would be nice to meet some fellow California owners north of the border. Please let me know if you have any dates in mind :thanks

Alasdair

Just to say say hi to the northern cali's!

After months of soul searching , decided to change my T4 which has taken us to many great places ( some you have mentioned in this forum- from western islands hopping about to Norway, france & Italy, all fantastic)
Decided life's to short to Spend it worring about the cost, so New cali ordered, coming start of May- counting the days and started dreaming!