Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just bought a 2016 Ocean and we are off to Belgium shortly!

Don’t forget to pre-register for the LEZ’s of Antwerp and Brussels if you want to go there. If if your Cali qualifies for the LEZ, pre-registration is mandatory and not doing so before your visit may result in huge fines.
I drive the van everyday to the center of Brussels. It's true that I see more and all kind of camera's being erected in the last year. But as I am not (yet) registered myself, I am wondering if somebody else already got a sign of this control system being operative?

edit: btw, another new piece of legislation to pay attention to: Bredene and Oostende just got parts of non-smoking beaches!

Last edited:
Well, the site states it is in effect since Jan 2018... https://lez.brussels/en

When your verhicle is registrated is Belgium (as Aubergine and mine is ) and within the norm there's nothing you should do .
Only verhicles registrated abroad need to registrate .

And Belgium is proving to be very nice!

IMG_20190306_190509.jpg

When your verhicle is registrated is Belgium (as Aubergine and mine is ) and within the norm there's nothing you should do .
Only verhicles registrated abroad need to registrate .
Thank goodness we didn't go through Brussels then! We did through Brugges and Ghent, really appreciate the architecture.

Oh and missed the nudist beach in Bredene by 300m but don't think anyone was using it but fully clothed dog walkers!

Bruges: which places at walking distance from the centre can you recommend? I know there is an official camper parking place near the railway station, but I loved staying at Visartpark. Trees have been cut lately and I have the impression there is much more noise from the ring now. Any better suggestions? I know Bruges, grew up there, but moved to Gent for work 25 years ago.
Hellow Waldo
Sorry for my very late reply: we were off to Boulogne sur Mer and the surroundings for fruit de mer and of course the scenery. I guess you have found your stealth place by now ;)
Hope you had/have a good time at Bruges/Belgium!
Greetings
Calibusje