Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just got my Acapulco Blue Ocean

Beachlessboy68

Beachlessboy68

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello VWCCers, on Bank holiday Monday (April 1st!) I went and picked up my Acapulco blue 2015 Ocean 204. I bought it through the forum adverts but the previous owner isn't a VWCC member. The van is in lovely condition but It was due an oil service so I drove it home and set about getting the oil and filter, air filter and engine flush. Working all week I didn't get a chance to do the service so this morning I got to it and put it up on the ramps, I added a couple of cans of engine flush and let it idle for 20 minutes, I then drained the oil, fitted a new oil filter and refilled it with oil I had in my garage ( fortunately I had the correct viscosity) I started it up and let it idle for another 20 minutes or so and then drained that oil and it came out black as a witches hat again!, I put another new oil filter in and refilled it with the good oil (Castrol Edge 5/30 LL ). The van has VB air suspension and it was really handy being able to raise the van to drive onto the ramps, then after getting under it and removing the under tray, dropping the front end down without having to take it off the ramps so that it was about level and could drain the oil and check the level when refilling it. Gave it a good clean and spray of de-watering spray underneath and then cleaned the engine bay, followed by giving the van a wash as the local birds seem to have been using it as target practice! Next job is to get the VWCC stickers on it of course. I'm really pleased with the van and looking forward to getting out and using it and meeting some of you out and about, I'm booked into Camper Jam and really looking forward to that. Tulip, my Keeshond sat quite contented in the van whilst I worked on it :)

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0071 2.JPG

Back