Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just got our 680, first night away. Lots of questions, advice please?

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
A few easy questions for the experts.
When running the heater on 10 amps electricity I can feel hot air from the exhaust. Is this normal.(even with gas bottles off).
It seems impossible to use both plugs simultaneously above the sink. Is there a mod.

We have a 12-volt TV. Is there a 12 volt socket anywhere? And where do most people put the TV? Where can I take a 12 volt feed from.
Can anyone recommend some battery cupboard lights for the rear.
Above the water tank are two extra 240v cables. How do I connect to those grey blocks

1. Yes, gentle trickle of hot air all the time.

2. Turn one or both sockets through 90degrees. Silver surround unclips, sockets will unscrew and can be rotated.

3. Wiring loom is in place for the satellite system even if you don't have it and it includes a 12V feed which would go to an outlet in the cubby hole under the window beside the rear bench seat (and the outdoor kitchen flap). You may be able to access that feed by removing the bench seat base which is just Velcroed to the ply base the top of which can then be unscrewed. There may be an easier way to get to any wiring via trim removal but I’ve never tried. Hopefully others will comment if they know. We have full 230Vaq off grid so use a mains system for TV setup and mount on headrests hole via an adapter I fabricated, see pics. Most people mount on washroom wall.

4. We use these lights in the cupboards OxyLED Motion Sensor Wardrobe Lights 2 Pack 80 LED Closet Lights Rechargeable USB Under Cupboard Lights Yellow + White Stair Lights with Magnetic Strips for Indoor Outdoor https://amzn.eu/d/gB3MjsL

5. It’s a Wago WINSTA 770 series connection system. Sold by RS, Farnell, CEF etc. The GC 230Vac electrical connections are all of this type. The one on the water tank is on the BS1363 (UK) socket outlet circuit.

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

Good man, I like the TV bracket. How on earth did you make that. I was going to cannibalise an old headrest and weld a bracket on but yours looks good.

Magic of 3D printing with some appropriately placed M8 bolts for strength :)

I've got a man that does 3D printing. Do you have a file of some sort.

I’ll try and track it down. The monitor attachment will be specific to that type of monitor so you will likely need to tweak it for whatever type you choose but the interface to the GC seats will be the same

I’ll try and track it down. The monitor attachment will be specific to that type of monitor so you will likely need to tweak it for whatever type you choose but the interface to the GC seats will be the same
Thanks, it would help loads

1. Yes, gentle trickle of hot air all the time.

2. Turn one or both sockets through 90degrees. Silver surround unclips, sockets will unscrew and can be rotated.

3. Wiring loom is in place for the satellite system even if you don't have it and it includes a 12V feed which would go to an outlet in the cubby hole under the window beside the rear bench seat (and the outdoor kitchen flap). You may be able to access that feed by removing the bench seat base which is just Velcroed to the ply base the top of which can then be unscrewed. There may be an easier way to get to any wiring via trim removal but I’ve never tried. Hopefully others will comment if they know. We have full 230Vaq off grid so use a mains system for TV setup and mount on headrests hole via an adapter I fabricated, see pics. Most people mount on washroom wall.

4. We use these lights in the cupboards OxyLED Motion Sensor Wardrobe Lights 2 Pack 80 LED Closet Lights Rechargeable USB Under Cupboard Lights Yellow + White Stair Lights with Magnetic Strips for Indoor Outdoor https://amzn.eu/d/gB3MjsL

5. It’s a Wago WINSTA 770 series connection system. Sold by RS, Farnell, CEF etc. The GC 230Vac electrical connections are all of this type. The one on the water tank is on the BS1363 (UK) socket outlet circuit.

View attachment 120519

View attachment 120520
Hi GordonH
Very interesting information, including pre-installed satellite cabling
What do you mean by "the cubby hole under the window beside the rear bench seat (and the outdoor kitchen flap)"?
The alcove under the window (Picture 1) or the access door to the Truma control (Picture 2)?

Thanks

GC600_07.jpg

GC600_23.jpg

Hi GordonH
Very interesting information, including pre-installed satellite cabling
What do you mean by "the cubby hole under the window beside the rear bench seat (and the outdoor kitchen flap)"?
The alcove under the window (Picture 1) or the access door to the Truma control (Picture 2)?

Thanks

View attachment 120689

View attachment 120690
TV out and 12V would be in the little compartment where the phone charger is per your 1st pic

Last edited:
My friend said he can print the bracket if he has the .stl file.

View attachment 120652
Wow !!! Puts my pair of 3D printers to shame :) It is printed as 3 parts - Left, right & monitor fixing. I would think you will need to design a different fixing part for your monitor. The 3 parts screw together and 2 x M8 bolts thread down the pins that push into the seat backs. The forum won't let me attach STL or f3d files for some reason, security I guess. Here is a one drive link you should be able to download from. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFju0rd5jdAgfxKF9IDpUDa6KIbTQ?e=I6PEad

Gordon, is it possible to have the three .STL files separately please. My 3D printing guy asks.

Back