Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kamper cozi topper or not?

L

Linejam

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
After spending a night freezing in the van and then looking enviously across the site at another Cali wearing a cozi I’m considering getting one myself. How do they attach and does it work with the wind out awning? Can anyone recommend? Thanks.

When it’s p*ing down and blowing a gale you won’t want to have to go outside to pack it away!

Get an internal one that stays up all the time, folds down with the roof. Expensive, unfortunately - Brandrup ISO Top.

Fair point. We got the van because we were sick of that carry on with the tent!
We use a Campercozy seems to certainly take the chill off but mainly if it does rain the bellows are kept dry

I’m not really bothered about the bellows getting wet, just me! ;)

After spending a night freezing in the van and then looking enviously across the site at another Cali wearing a cozi I’m considering getting one myself. How do they attach and does it work with the wind out awning? Can anyone recommend? Thanks.
We use internal and external, both of Nick, Cali shop. Khyam camper cozi to heavy and bulky second pic20170419_113548.jpg20150826_111746.jpg

Kampa cosi ruined my roof when it got caught putting the roof up vw didn’t want to know I then bought a Cali topper from the club shop no problems so far

We used to have a camper cozi but it was made from a very heavy material and bulky. We now have an ISO top, I just wish we bought one sooner as it's just fit and forget.

We use a Campercozy seems to certainly take the chill off but mainly if it does rain the bellows are kept dry
And the owners are dry packing it up in the morning ;)

Spend some time watching people remove their external cover in the horizontal rain. Then giggle as the bellows they've tried so hard to keep dry get wet anyway
Watch them get sodden and more and more irate as they fumble with the wet cover trying to get it into the storage bag whilst cowering under the tail gate.
Chuckle as husband and wife both get saturated whilst you sit smugly in the knowledge you have no need to even leave your van because you've fitted a Brandrup Iso Top.

If you want to get wet breaking camp, take a tent :)

........ just sayin'

No idea, whats the drama with the wet tent. I just put a raincoat over the bed when folding so it doesn't get wet.
And it dries in the evening when extended again.
The manual tent can be folded 100% safely without any bands or getting outside.
When you camp not just for weeks but for months as we do, lots of gear is left behind. So each year we go lighter and lighter. We don't even take the chairs and use the space in the rear door for other more usable stuff :)

I have the top cover (external) from Thais. They also have the ISO top (internal).
If you know that it is going to rain horizontally (nice expression), take off the external top cover and close your top. If not, it takes a lot less time to take the top off than folding a tent.

Is that a samoyed? If we still had ours she would be on top of me and no need for a topper!
Yes it is a Samoyed, his name is Quinn he comes every where with us.20150628_072633.jpg