Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Khyam Kampa Cozi Roof Cover

M

m6ttx

Messages
6
I am looking at buying a roof cover for my 2011 Cali, I've heard some mixed reviews on the Vanorak and i heard about the KAMPA COZI the other day, can anyone give any feed back on this or advice on any other roof covers that are decent??

:thanks
 
Re: Khyam Kampa Cozi

I've got a vanarak and have been pleased with it.
However if you have a factory fit awning on your cali then the fixing of the vanarak on that side is a bit unsatisfactory in my opinion.
This is because some of the clips on this side can't be slid into the awning channel due to the presence of said awning. As a result these clips are stuck onto the awning case via felt pads.
The trouble with this is that in anything over a light breeze the clips come off the pads and the vanarak can flap a bit on that side

I don't know how the kosi overcomes this problem (or if its just the same?) but i think the kosi is cheaper.
If it had been available when we bought ours i think i would've probably gone for the kosi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Rumour has it there is a brand new roof cover coming to the market very soon , ultra thin, high quality material, fits in with your seats in the tailgate... also matching awning side panels will be available ... Made in Great Britain aswell ;)
 
Re: Khyam Kampa Cozi

Freeley said:
I've got a vanarak and have been pleased with it.
However if you have a factory fit awning on your cali then the fixing of the vanarak on that side is a bit unsatisfactory in my opinion.
This is because some of the clips on this side can't be slid into the awning channel due to the presence of said awning. As a result these clips are stuck onto the awning case via felt pads.
The trouble with this is that in anything over a light breeze the clips come off the pads and the vanarak can flap a bit on that side

I don't know how the kosi overcomes this problem (or if its just the same?) but i think the kosi is cheaper.
If it had been available when we bought ours i think i would've probably gone for the kosi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2


Have you tried unhooking the clips from the vanorak and sliding them into the channel under the awning flap, then re attach the clips to the vanorak and tighten to suit? I don't use the Velcro pads and the vanorak has withstood a couple of almighty gales when in the lakes.
 
Martin said:
Rumour has it there is a brand new roof cover coming to the market very soon , ultra thin, high quality material, fits in with your seats in the tailgate... also matching awning side panels will be available ... Made in Great Britain aswell ;)

Sounds good ;-)
 
Perfect timing this is I am looking for a roof cover can't get through to Facebook site all gone
Had big probs with my vanarak so looking for a good alternative that doesn't attach to the awning rail I hope it's like the German one. Can't wait please keep me informed of when and how much
Thanks. Sonia xx
 
m6ttx said:
I am looking at buying a roof cover for my 2011 Cali, I've heard some mixed reviews on the Vanarak and i heard about the KAMPA COZI the other day, can anyone give any feed back on this or advice on any other roof covers that are decent??

:thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum .

Have a look in the Cali and Camping Accessories Section.

Your find plenty of reviews and info about both the internal and external roof protectors. :thumb

John
 
Martin said:
Rumour has it there is a brand new roof cover coming to the market very soon , ultra thin, high quality material, fits in with your seats in the tailgate... also matching awning side panels will be available ... Made in Great Britain aswell ;)


Talk about teasing us Martin :crazy
 
drmw1335 said:
Freeley said:
I've got a vanarak and have been pleased with it.
However if you have a factory fit awning on your cali then the fixing of the vanarak on that side is a bit unsatisfactory in my opinion.
This is because some of the clips on this side can't be slid into the awning channel due to the presence of said awning. As a result these clips are stuck onto the awning case via felt pads.
The trouble with this is that in anything over a light breeze the clips come off the pads and the vanarak can flap a bit on that side

I don't know how the kosi overcomes this problem (or if its just the same?) but i think the kosi is cheaper.
If it had been available when we bought ours i think i would've probably gone for the kosi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2


Have you tried unhooking the clips from the Vanarak and sliding them into the channel under the awning flap, then re attach the clips to the Vanarak and tighten to suit? I don't use the Velcro pads and the Vanarak has withstood a couple of almighty gales when in the lakes.

Yes I've tried this til i'm blue in the face but the strapping around the kador makes it too fat to fit in the awning channel.
I contacted the seller at the time to see if there were smaller clips available but it was a no go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
We've got the Cozi for our Cali and found it to be great. It's easy enough to put on and take down albeit a bit awkward to pack when wet. The straps on the awning side work OK but I do find it hard to get them short enough but it hasn't caused any excess "flapping" so far. I have no idea what the velcro bit on the straps are for - anyone know?

All in all a very good buy.

Cheers,

Andy
 
Hi I bought my Cosi from Campervantastic earlier this year. It works extremely well and I can get it on on my own. The instructions that came with it suggested that if you didn't want to use the clips via the awning channel connection you could cut those parts off and just use the Velcro stick ons instead. I have kept mine on because you can get at least 3 clip/awning attachments on, two at the front of the vehicle and one at the back. the other two will clip into the back of the metal part of the awning if you just unwind the awning a few mm, clip them in and wind the awning uptight again.


DSG 180 bought March 2012 mileage so far 6700, Khyam Camper Cosi used numerous wet weekends with no penetration of rain into the roof canvas, and it keeps it warmer
 
We have been using the Kyham camper cosi and think it does the job fine.
Agree that it is harder to put away wet although we still manage to fold it on the side of the van without having to put it on the floor.
We manage to hook three of the straps into the back of the awning although again it is hard to get them short enough. We have unpicked some of the stitching on the strap a bit to help.
I think the roof covers are a good idea generally. They help to keep things drier in heavy rain and they provide extra insulation in cold weather. We have not used ours since the spring but it will be out again soon.
 
After reading all the reviews I'm just about to order a Cozi for winter camping, they seem better value and more efficient than the other roof caps. I see khyam.co.uk and campervantastic.com offer them for the same price (£199) but postage from the first is cheaper so I'm going for that, but before I part with my cash, has anybody found a cheaper supplier (new only that is) please?
 
I know that these are marketed for post 2007 Cali models. I have a 56 plate Cali. Does anybody have any experience of fitting them to pre 2007 models?
 
I am saving my money until the new one comes
Out hope its soon :thumb
Nicki xx
 
If the new one also had pockets on the inside so you could put in an insulation layer in winter to add warmth upstairs that would be fantastic. That way I can use the cover all year round in wet weather but only add insulation and carry it in the van when it gets cold enough to warrant it.

Just musing here ;)

I can submit a consultancy fee later. :)
 
Martin said:
Rumour has it there is a brand new roof cover coming to the market very soon , ultra thin, high quality material, fits in with your seats in the tailgate... also matching awning side panels will be available ... Made in Great Britain aswell ;)


Is there a time frame in mind with this rumour, i could do with purchasing one quite soon if possible. :D
 
Calinicki said:
I am saving my money until the new one comes
Out hope its soon :thumb
Nicki xx

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that the updated version of any product is considerably more expensive than the original" as Jane could have written! I'm buying while there are any Mk1s left.
 
I got the kozi it's easy to fit and works well even when breezy. We camped in oct in Scotland and it worked fine. Fittings on the door side bit fiddly if you have an awning but if you clip the straps to the rail it works ok. Other side slides down the awning rail in the recess. Nice tough material, with soft interior for the paintwork and windows. Recommended.
 
Pmaxted@+++++++.com said:
I got the kozi it's easy to fit and works well even when breezy. We camped in oct in Scotland and it worked fine. Fittings on the door side bit fiddly if you have an awning but if you clip the straps to the rail it works ok. Other side slides down the awning rail in the recess. Nice tough material, with soft interior for the paintwork and windows. Recommended.
 
Rumour has it there is a brand new roof cover coming to the market very soon , ultra thin, high quality material, fits in with your seats in the tailgate... also matching awning side panels will be available ... Made in Great Britain aswell ;)
What was this please Martin.
If you can remember back 10 years?!
 
What was this please Martin.
If you can remember back 10 years?!
Comfortz Cali-topper I would imagine, as found in the shop.

This is a contender for thread resurrection of the week ;) good work.
 

Similar threads

C
Accessories For Sale Kyham Cozi
Replies
0
Views
622
Charlotterobin
C
Sweetchilli
Replies
2
Views
377
Sweetchilli
Sweetchilli
C
Accessories For Sale Kyham Cozi
Replies
0
Views
536
Charlotterobin
C
M
Replies
43
Views
12K
Stoneybroke
Stoneybroke
Back
Top