Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX525 firmware

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, I have looked through the threads on site so apologies if I have missed something, does anyone know where I can get the firmware to update the reversing sensor screen on my dnx525 to show the California as it does not have the option in the menu

Thanks

Put it into Google and it will take you to the kenwood website with the updates and instructions

So, having done my own unit today, I can add some further guidance and tips.

The kenwood site has all the latest firmware updates, go to www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk and you can search for DNX525DAB, this will give you a specs page, click on the firmware tab for links to download the firmware for system, Bluetooth and DAB.

The download for each is a zip file, you have to extract the contents. Copy the contents of the extracted folder (ie the individual files) onto a USB stick, do not try and use an SD card. I spent two hours trying every combination of files on an SD card today, the kenwood unit wouldn't see any updates, I put it on a USB stick and it recognised it straight away!!!!

You need to go to main menu>set up>software, if the USB is plugged in then it should give you the "update" button, click on this and it should install the updates as needed.

Hope this helps. I have yet to try any map update, will be looking at this next.

Last edited:
Having now installed the updates, the DAB isn't working and won't receive any DAB stations

Having now installed the updates, the DAB isn't working and won't receive any DAB stations
Bjohnson did you ever get this sorted? Same has happended to mine i.e DAB wont tune now? nightmare!

Hi, went through the Kenwood helpline who got me the latest firmware and dab is all good just now trying to get the vehicle firmware to update reversing screen

Bjohnson did you ever get this sorted? Same has happended to mine i.e DAB wont tune now? nightmare!
Mine started working on its own before i started to implement any additional fix! I had done the update on a monday evening, by the end of the week (I rarely use the Cali mon-fri) the DAB was working again without me taking any action.

I did email Kenwood support who were quite prompt with a reply and a fix, but when i never needed to try it out. The Kenwood reply below if this helps;

After a software update you will need to refresh the DAB station list
Press the magnifying glass key on the DAB screen then select station list
Then press and hold the refresh key
All should work after this.

KENWOOD Customer Support Team

I will give that a go thanks, having issues with map update and garmin too, think I may just upgrade to a apple play system and sort all issues..

I will give that a go thanks, having issues with map update and garmin too, think I may just upgrade to a apple play system and sort all issues..
I haven’t done a map update. I did spend an hour trying to update the firmware via an SD card without any success, to find it worked straight away using a usb stick and the USB port (which on mine is on the glove box).

I haven’t done a map update. I did spend an hour trying to update the firmware via an SD card without any success, to find it worked straight away using a usb stick and the USB port (which on mine is on the glove box).
Did exactly the same! Map update is kenwood\garmin issue on line, I have emailed for help..
Cheers