Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

POI upload on RCD510

C

C&HinNorwich

VIP Member
Hope someone can help

We are trying to upload a wildcamping POI database to our satnav

I've downloaded the garmin app and created the file to upload, problem is there isn't an option to upload it

Reading this and various forums it looks like my Firmware doesn't support it (unit is Q1 2011ish)
I can't check what firmware it is at the option is locked to check, I went to the garage today and they tell me VW didn't lock it Kenwood did (doesn't sound right to me but looks like i'm getting no more help from our van centre)

Ive looked at loads of downloads but they warn about having to recode the unit if I do (van centre want to charge me £200 to sort it!!)

Any suggestions, is there a safe firmware I can use that will not brick the unit

Thanks in advance (we are at the meet on the weekend if anyone happens to have a firmware disk)

Chris

C&HinNorwich said:
Hope someone can help

We are trying to upload a wildcamping POI database to our satnav

I've downloaded the garmin app and created the file to upload, problem is there isn't an option to upload it

Reading this and various forums it looks like my Firmware doesn't support it (unit is Q1 2011ish)
I can't check what firmware it is at the option is locked to check, I went to the garage today and they tell me VW didn't lock it Kenwood did (doesn't sound right to me but looks like i'm getting no more help from our van centre)

Ive looked at loads of downloads but they warn about having to recode the unit if I do (van centre want to charge me £200 to sort it!!)

Any suggestions, is there a safe firmware I can use that will not brick the unit

Thanks in advance (we are at the meet on the weekend if anyone happens to have a firmware disk)

Chris

Seek me out Chris.

Have Fun.

Bob (N13 BOB)

Nope, I've been looking at all the sites can't find the appropriate firmware (I have the latest map just looking for ability to upload custom POI's which I believe was available after a certain firmware

I can't see which firmware I have but it's one with the old VW logo

Amy help greatly appreciated

Andy said:
Chris pm sent.

Many, Many thanks Andy :thumb

Firmware updated and instructions followed from download section
I now have working POI's for campsite - awesome :bananadance

Glad you got it sorted Chris. Perseverance always pays off :thumb

C&HinNorwich said:
Andy said:
Chris pm sent.

Many, Many thanks Andy :thumb

Firmware updated and instructions followed from download section
I now have working POI's for campsite - awesome :bananadance

You are very welcome Chris, that's what the club is all about ... helping folk out.

Back