Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen Overhead Light Broken

W

WestieBrian11

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
On my 2008 Comfort SE the strip light over the kitchen has broken recently. I put a new tube in but no luck. After testing to the limit of my knowledge with a multi-meter there must be something defective on the board. So I need a new one.

I Googled the part No. 7H7 945 327.A but it doesn’t really come up with any meaningful results. After contacting my local VW parts centre it’s £201.60 which is a lot of money – But I guess that's California ownership. Does anyone know a fix or cheaper solution? Thanks

1726914251900.png

On my 2008 Comfort SE the strip light over the kitchen has broken recently. I put a new tube in but no luck. After testing to the limit of my knowledge with a multi-meter there must be something defective on the board. So I need a new one.

I Googled the part No. 7H7 945 327.A but it doesn’t really come up with any meaningful results. After contacting my local VW parts centre it’s £201.60 which is a lot of money – But I guess that's California ownership. Does anyone know a fix or cheaper solution? Thanks

View attachment 129223
Don't know the answer to your question, but it is all 12 v circuit and the PCB circuit allows the light to dim etc. If you want light, replace with a standard 12v bulb and holder off eBay for a few quid. That should work.

Similar LEDs are also available.

Last edited:
You’re 100% certain the new bulb is ok? It’s an old style bulb isn’t it. Worth getting another?

View attachment 129223
@calikev may be able to help you

The part has been superseded by 7E7 945 327 C
Campervanbits could order you one they are £115 inc delivery

The part has been superseded by 7E7 945 327 C
Campervanbits could order you one they are £115 inc delivery
Many thanks Calikev - That's nearly half the price. I know my bus is 16 years old but didn't think VW had much changed the light fitting over the years - £115 won't hurt as much I'll check out Campervanbits - Cheers