Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen table stuck

Sindidziwa

Sindidziwa

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi. I’ve had a quick look on forums but haven’t found anything about a sticking kitchen table. The table suddenly became difficult to slide away (T6 Cali MY2018) and when it did go in it was really difficult to get out again. I tried tightening the Allen bolts on the rollers but to no avail. The whole thing seems to have sagged slightly. Any clues as to how to fix it please?
435336a77f426549c44101e0e4f5a950.jpg
78a8ad91a8d9f27a848c2903b433c8f0.jpg
9c9a725f7c76bcce9497f06b11585bef.jpg
I’ve taken photos of the table in upper and lower extent of movement. The table appears to slide much less freely than previously. The only thing that we can think of is that we lifted it up to access some stuff yesterday. Thanks for any suggestions - at least it happened in a nice place
9071072f955a89e31dbd704de3f594d7.jpg
!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not seen this before. Looks like the leading edge has come out of the runner. The legs correctly clipped in place I presume?

Yes. Legs clip away and no hinge damage as mentioned in other posts.

As WG says looks out of the channel - is there a place if you look carefully in the rail where there is a gap and it can be popped back in?

Table-Roller.JPG Just taken a look at my table and yours looks just as WG and MF has said - roller out of channel. As you have already tightened the allen bolts holding the rollers may I suggest that this could be making matters worse? I would try loosening the Allen bolts and attempt at reseating the roller on the rail then tighten (not too tight) the Allen bolts. Here is a photo from underneath of what one of my rollers looks like - all lined up and working well.
Hope this helps.
Edit - Ooops! Photo seems to be missing. Will sort on second edit!
Here you go!

Last edited:
Great shot - never looked under like that - this table is one of the cleverest features I think - works brilliantly in all respects (most of the time! eg as with the OP).

That makes a lot of sense thanks! I’ll have look as soon as I get back. I’m currently up a mountain in Abruzzo but the 4G in Italy is great!

9655ed834c53769d0150d6861fe1bcdc.jpg
Hmmm, rollers appear to be in the channel OK so I’m not sure what else it could be

View attachment 34581 Just taken a look at my table and yours looks just as WG and MF has said - roller out of channel. As you have already tightened the allen bolts holding the rollers may I suggest that this could be making matters worse? I would try loosening the Allen bolts and attempt at reseating the roller on the rail then tighten (not too tight) the Allen bolts. Here is a photo from underneath of what one of my rollers looks like - all lined up and working well.
Hope this helps.
Edit - Ooops! Photo seems to be missing. Will sort on second edit!
Here you go!

Just looking again at your pic, @Jabberwocky, my van has an extra it of moulding that houses the LEDs otherwise the same

Hmmm.......not sure what to suggest now. Think it may have to wait until you get back to the UK and can get a dealer to look at it.:(

Hmmm.......not sure what to suggest now. Think it may have to wait until you get back to the UK and can get a dealer to look at it.:(

I think you are right. I’ll just stow it without locking it in place. All the rest of our junk will stop it sliding forward. Dealer also can look at waste tank sensor not working, standard cupboard light gremlin and some rattle in the sliding door. Otherwise all good after 6,000 miles! Just sold my 1979 Devon Moonraker Bay and, apart from some cachet, a very good decision!

Anyway, thanks for your help and WG as well

I think you are right. I’ll just stow it without locking it in place. All the rest of our junk will stop it sliding forward. Dealer also can look at waste tank sensor not working, standard cupboard light gremlin and some rattle in the sliding door. Otherwise all good after 6,000 miles! Just sold my 1979 Devon Moonraker Bay and, apart from some cachet, a very good decision!

Anyway, thanks for your help and WG as well

No problem. Just one thought. You said you tightened the Allen bolts on the rollers - they could have tightened up themselves forcing the roller out and jamming the slider. I would try slackening off the roller on the front and see it the table slider resits in the groove properly and then retighten. Worth a try and cannot do any harm.

Good idea WG - I’ll give it a go. I tightened the front one because it was looser than the rear one but maybe I got it the wrong way round. How many Nm I wonder?

When it is out (in front of the cupboard doors) does it slide freely along there both with table 'up' and down?

If it slides freely in the channel but only sticks by the seat area then something is either up with the channel in that area, or the table is not packed 'flat' so pressing on the seat, or some trim or other interference is causing a jam at the seat area.

I'm sure we can all work it out between us - rather than rely on a spanner (with big greasy mitts and a lot less patience) at VW! ;)

When it is out (in front of the cupboard doors) does it slide freely along there both with table 'up' and down?

If it slides freely in the channel but only sticks by the seat area then something is either up with the channel in that area, or the table is not packed 'flat' so pressing on the seat, or some trim or other interference is causing a jam at the seat area.

I'm sure we can all work it out between us - rather than rely on a spanner (with big greasy mitts and a lot less patience) at VW! ;)

Good thought Max-Felix. I checked the seat clearance and whether there was anything in the little hides hole that could be causing the problem but that was all fine. I think that the table runs along the channel less freely than yesterday but that improves if I lift the hinge slightly. Once fully retracted it’s then difficult to release the catch.

Success! loosening the bolts has solved the problem. I always knew that Ratchet Rocket set would come in handy! Thanks once again for all your suggestions it’s really great to have such expertise on tap(atalk).

Great stuff! One less worry.

Putting the table away between the fridge and the rear seat can sometimes be a fidle , specially when stuff is stored on the floorarea between the fridge and the rear seat .

Back