Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen Tap is Leaking....

LadySmiff

LadySmiff

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All...so we're busy getting ready for our first trip in our lovely, new Ocean and it seems like our kitchen tap isn't fitted properly...or are we missing something?!

It's leaking from the joint with the base section of the tap...looks the connection on the base is threaded (white plastic), but there's no thread inside the tap part itself....and it doesn't push on far enough to create a seal with the rubber washer.

Have checked my box of anomalous bits we can't find a home for but nothing tap like in there...are we doing something wrong or is it faulty?

We're at the Gloucestershire club meet tomorrow if anyone wants to come & make fun of the newbies :)

Thanks, Wendy :)

Last edited:
Hi , never took my tap off but seen foto's of one come of on the forum so check if everything is ok and try to push back ?
Guess indeed at the meet there will be some people kind enough to help you .
Including me;)

A friend of mine has just taken delivery of an ocean and he has same problem - they were wondering if it is normal and I said no and advised them to get it fixed under warranty. On my cali tap stopped working and has just been replaced under warranty.

Hi All...so we're busy getting ready for our first trip in our lovely, new Ocean and it seems like our kitchen tap isn't fitted properly...or are we missing something?!

It's leaking from the joint with the base section of the tap...looks the connection on the base is threaded (white plastic), but there's no thread inside the tap part itself....and it doesn't push on far enough to create a seal with the rubber washer.

Have checked my box of anomalous bits we can't find a home for but nothing tap like in there...are we doing something wrong or is it faulty?

We're at the Gloucestershire club meet tomorrow if anyone wants to come & make fun of the newbies :)

Thanks, Wendy :)
If this is your problem, then a Very, Very firm push is required to seat the spout properly.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/broken-water-tap-on-t6.15378/

Back