Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water hose to tap popped out, but will not pop back in...?

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi guys,

Like topic says, the water hose (inside the kitchen cabinet) to tap popped out.

I probably bumped it with something, and the next time I turned on the tap, the cabinet filled up with water :Depressed

Problem is, it won't pop back in when I push it back up the tap fitting from below - which seems like the only rational thing to do :)

Did I perhaps break something? Is it supposed to be bent in this way?

IMG_0108.JPG

The way i see it :
You need to unscrew the metal tightning ring , push the plastic back in and tighten the metal ring again

Hi guys,

Like topic says, the water hose (inside the kitchen cabinet) to tap popped out.

I probably bumped it with something, and the next time I turned on the tap, the cabinet filled up with water :Depressed

Problem is, it won't pop back in when I push it back up the tap fitting from below - which seems like the only rational thing to do :)

Did I perhaps break something? Is it supposed to be bent in this way?

View attachment 35622

This shouldn’t really happen as that connector is the final part of the assembly when the tap is made. It’s a push fit then the threaded section into which it’s inserted is melted to hold it in place - see the picture below, I drilled out the bits that hold it in place on my old tap to see how it’s put together. You might be able to push this back into the tap but you’d need to insert a short grub screw (or two) to hold it in place. To be honest you’d probably be better replacing the entire tap so you can be sure it is watertight and doesn’t pop out again.
a8a267ea0348f2c7418e3ff1fcc94772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, here's a quick update.

The tap was indeed broken.

Went to a big camping shop (Falle Campingwelt villach) in southern Austria, as I was passing by anyway.

They had new taps on the shelf and the assistant knew right away what I needed, so my guess is this is a pretty common issue.

Took me 20 minutes to swap them out, including the wiring.

I think the price was about €30.

Thanks guys, here's a quick update.

The tap was indeed broken.

Went to a big camping shop (Falle Campingwelt villach) in southern Austria, as I was passing by anyway.

They had new taps on the shelf and the assistant knew right away what I needed, so my guess is this is a pretty common issue.

Took me 20 minutes to swap them out, including the wiring.

I think the price was about €30.

Perfect. Glad you got it sorted. Happy campervanning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk