Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lane Assist

C

CallsignCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the deal is with lane assist? I understand it used to come as standard on Oceans, but it seems to be missing from mine, and can't find any mention of it in the brochure. It seems to have all the ancillary bits like the forward facing camera etc, but no option for it in the driver assist menus.

Appreciate any replies!

CC

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the deal is with lane assist? I understand it used to come as standard on Oceans, but it seems to be missing from mine, and can't find any mention of it in the brochure. It seems to have all the ancillary bits like the forward facing camera etc, but no option for it in the driver assist menus.

Appreciate any replies!

CC
Assuming you have one of the late COVID vans, from recollection lane assist was removed from these to speed up production. The camera is used for many other things, in conjunction with the front radar, so just having those bots fitted does not mean you will definitely have lane assist.

Probably easier to have been more specific if your vehicle profile was updated with the Van you have.

Assuming you have one of the late COVID vans, from recollection lane assist was removed from these to speed up production. The camera is used for many other things, in conjunction with the front radar, so just having those bots fitted does not mean you will definitely have lane assist.

Probably easier to have been more specific if your vehicle profile was updated with the Van you have.
I'll try figure that out, it's a 2023 Ocean 204. About 3 weeks old

I'll try figure that out, it's a 2023 Ocean 204. About 3 weeks old
My money on it having the option removed for production speed when the parts shortage was happening. Did you buy it new? You should have been told if so and have the option to leave on and wait.

My money on it having the option removed for production speed when the parts shortage was happening. Did you buy it new? You should have been told if so and have the option to leave on and wait.
Thanks, that makes sense as there's no option for it at all on the driver assist menu. I wasn't told but not particularly bothered, was just wondering if you had to activate it somehow - `although be interesting to see if anyone has ordered a new van recently and has got it?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks, that makes sense as there's no option for it at all on the driver assist menu. I wasn't told but not particularly bothered, was just wondering if you had to activate it somehow - `although be interesting to see if anyone has ordered a new van recently and has got it?

Thanks for your help!
It is standard, you have to select the "without lane assist" option to remove it. Doing so technically speeds up your order and saves you 270 quid. There was a case on here of a dealer doing that without the customer knowing, so maybe that happened. Or if this was a dealer stock car you bought maybe that is what they ordered. If the former you need to complain to the dealer. But it cannot be retrospectively added.

1692114012211.png

Last edited:
It is standard, you have to select the "without lane assist" option to remove it. Doing so technically speeds up your order and saves you 270 quid. There was a case on here of a dealer doing that without the customer knowing, so maybe that happened. Or if this was a dealer stock car you bought maybe that is what they ordered. If the former you need to complain to the dealer. But it cannot be retrospectively added.

View attachment 113059
Is lane change assist not the led's in the wing mirror that warn you of traffic in your blind spot/rapidly approaching? I think the actual thing is active lane assist, which I couldn't see on the brochure

Is lane change assist not the led's in the wing mirror that warn you of traffic in your blind spot/rapidly approaching? I think the actual thing is active lane assist, which I couldn't see on the brochure

According to the handbook:

Lane assist is the lane keeping system
Side assist also called lane change assist system - is the blind spot warnings on the mirrors.

When we ordered our Ocean (March 21) Lane Assist (Lane Keeping System) was part of a driver assistance package costing roughly £600. This is different to the orange lights in the wing mirrors (Side Assist) which is standard. There are quite a few threads on this topic over the past 2 years. There was a period last year when this option disappeared from the new vehicle configurator.

Hope this helps.

When we ordered our Ocean (March 21) Lane Assist (Lane Keeping System) was part of a driver assistance package costing roughly £600. This is different to the orange lights in the wing mirrors (Side Assist) which is standard. There are quite a few threads on this topic over the past 2 years. There was a period last year when this option disappeared from the new vehicle configurator.

Hope this helps.
Same.