Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Active Lane Assist?

npower

npower

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi! We have a shiny new T6.1 (yay!) Ocean, which we ordered with the extra option:
* Active Lane Assist with Side assist £390

We ordered back in March so the spec wasn't MY21 (though I can see it's still an option there). With the Ocean, normal Lane assist is included as standard, and from what I can tell this it the one that stops you leaving your lane if you drift, but nothing more than that.

Now, we have a Golf R Estate, which has the full fancy lane assist, that basically drives the car for you with minimal input required, awesome stuff with the adaptive cruise for long drives.

Our problem: it seems that the lane assist we have only stops you from exiting your lane with a steering "prompt", and is honestly a bit dangerous as it sends you straight at the other side of the lane!

Is this the correct behaviour for the paid option we added, or should we be chasing this up? The standard option (on the current MY21 spec) has "Lane change assist", and the paid option (now £474) has "Lane change assist and lane keeping system". And I can barely find anything about what the 'lane keeping system' actually is :(

Thanks in advance

I'm with you that, if I cross a line without indicating it trys to correct me, its a Skoda I have. Here is VW's take on what it is supposed to do.

I may be wrong but I thought “Lane change assist” is the little indicator light in the mirror? Lane keep assist is the one that self steers - we have this on our Passat GTE and it is fantastic, once you get used to the way it works. We tried it on the 6.1 Ocean we hired recently and it was nowhere near as effective so we haven’t added it to our order.

Back