Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Language Re-fresher around Exeter and staying in the Cali

sapto

sapto

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I am thinking of doing a 1-2 week language refresher around Exeter/Bournemouth (or close to the sea) and staying in my Cali on a Campground instead of paying for a accommodation I do not want to stay in.
Google has a lot of great sites for schools or camping.info for CP however personal experiences are often more reliable. Any recommendations which town or school?
Thanks for any help!

From Exeter there's some beautiful countryside. We stayed at Branscombe airfield....lovely. Lots of sites along coast...possibly nicest ones are a short drive away but not too far.
Bournemouth is a big sprawling town...busy roads in summer...personally I'd prefer Exeter, but both have lovely beaches/countryside/walking nearby. Bournemouth itself is possibly more holidayish....Exeter more a city.
Hope this helps...?!

From Exeter there's some beautiful countryside. We stayed at Branscombe airfield....lovely. Lots of sites along coast...possibly nicest ones are a short drive away but not too far.
Bournemouth is a big sprawling town...busy roads in summer...personally I'd prefer Exeter, but both have lovely beaches/countryside/walking nearby. Bournemouth itself is possibly more holidayish....Exeter more a city.
Hope this helps...?!

Thank you Dottie! Any personal opinions help me find the best place to stay and learn!

There are plenty of sites in the New Forest of which the Camping and Caravan Club site at Verwood is nearest Bournemouth at 11miles. Not on the coast but beautiful none-the-less.

Or there is East Fleet Farm Touring Park - Weymouth. Cali owner and forum member Richard owns and runs that site which is on the coast. About an hour from Bournemouth though, which may rule it out.

St Leonards Farm is the closest I know of, 6 miles away in Ringwood, still not on the coast though.

We have stayed at East Fleet, but none of the others.

Alan

The Forestry Commission also has a number of sites in the New Forest under the name of Camping in the Forest. These are linked with the Camping and Caravan Club.

The closest of these is Longbeech and Ocknell both only two miles from Bournemouth. These sites are rural but with good facilities.

Lastly there are a number of small privately owned sites. Not open all year round and are only usually a field with a small toilet block and have a limited number of pitches. These may be a better option for a longer stay.

Have a look here.

http://tinyurl.com/pdnbx98

Alan

The Forestry Commission also has a number of sites in the New Forest under the name of Camping in the Forest. These are linked with the Camping and Caravan Club.

The closest of these is Longbeech and Ocknell both only two miles from Bournemouth. These sites are rural but with good facilities.

Lastly there are a number of small privately owned sites. Not open all year round and are only usually a field with a small toilet block and have a limited number of pitches. These may be a better option for a longer stay.

Have a look here.

http://tinyurl.com/pdnbx98

Alan

Thanks a lot Alan! I'm going to have a look at your recommendations!

Thank you all for your answers&advices. I just found the Springfield Holiday Park in Tedburn St Mary. I emailed them and it took about 1h for them to reply! Great! My intention is to park/camp close to the city and go by bus to school.
The cp itself looks good with simple and clean facilities.
Has anyone been there?

Back