Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Late T4 california Exclusive Rear heating

I

irlcwill

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Managed to get a new clutch fitted on my A/C and it is back working great and was better than spending 700 on a new compressor, but am now puzzled with the rear heating.

When i select the rear heating on the dash, the rear controls fir the fan speed work perfectly but the temperature regulation does not and only produces hot air regsrdless of temperature position.

Is there anywhere i can read up on how it should work or how it controls the heat,e.g. valves, rheostats etc ?

Thanks for any help ....

I thought I'd read that is how it is supposed to work..... ie it is rear cab heating, rather than ventilation / cooling...but why then the temperature dial in the back????

Perhaps it only sends hot air and that dial just allows SOME cool air to bleed in.
I guess that ramble is not very helpful! Sorry.......

If the pop top Westy boys have the same system, they may be able to help because I believe their manual got translated into English.

Thanks for the responses ..... looked through the manual but no luck. Checked out a caravelle manual too but that was not clear either.

Looks like it is for heating only but you should still be able to adjust the temperature via the controll, but then maybe VW had other ideas ....

Back