Late T4 TDi 150

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
T4isti,

We are constantly on the verge of going T6 but each time we use our beloved bus we change our minds!

What we are mulling over is a late T4 150.
This will give us trans-euro grunt plus air con. A big step forward.

Anyone have Intel on these babies?

New T6 Cali £50k, Late perfect T4 Cali £25k. Likely value in 5 years time? Probably fairly similar? T6 would be nicer to drive. Maintenance - one would need to go back to the dealers; the other could be fixed with a box of spanners. Both different propositions and a nice dilemma to have

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I owned one briefly on my never ending quest for the perfect van. Light Blue 02 from memory (pop top). Quite a bit more grunt than the 102. Made the whole van feel 'lighter'.
Bigger brakes, very similar fuel consumption, no change in insurance (for me) - what's not to like? Probably going up in value!

Well... Haven't had one myself, but did peruse a couple whilst looking for mine - very tidy indeed those late T4s (all the toys and that bigger engine..) :thumb (...reason we didn't take one of them in the end were due to some accident damage on one - a tree fell on the roof and the repair had been botched! The salesman from the other seemed a bit of a crook!)...

The standard 2.5tdi in mine already surprises me (cruising at ease at 120kmph and often find myself pushing 130-135 without realising!) and has more grunt than my car! - so can only imagine how the 150 will turn the km's/miles!
If you can lay your hands on one, very tidy motors and will do you proud - can't imagine they'll be cheap though...

Nice example of one here (though in Germany), but with a price tag to match!
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=33&pageNumber=2

Or this very tidy Exclusive in the Netherlands:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/caravan...51fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=13

Not many around for the moment though, they're the only few I can find with this quick look...
Of course if you're prepared to make the effort, then Germany/Netherlands are the place to go to fetch one (and for the time being until Brexit kicks in, less paperwork!)

In actual fact we almost went for an early T5, but in the end the T4 won hands down - solid and bags more character...
Good luck!

Well... Haven't had one myself, but did peruse a couple whilst looking for mine - very tidy indeed those late T4s (all the toys and that bigger engine..) :thumb (...reason we didn't take one of them in the end were due to some accident damage on one - a tree fell on the roof and the repair had been botched! The salesman from the other seemed a bit of a crook!)...

The standard 2.5tdi in mine already surprises me (cruising at ease at 120kmph and often find myself pushing 130-135 without realising!) and has more grunt than my car! - so can only imagine how the 150 will turn the km's/miles!
If you can lay your hands on one, very tidy motors and will do you proud - can't imagine they'll be cheap though...

Nice example of one here (though in Germany), but with a price tag to match!
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=33&pageNumber=2

Or this very tidy Exclusive in the Netherlands:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/caravan...51fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=13

Not many around for the moment though, they're the only few I can find with this quick look...
Of course if you're prepared to make the effort, then Germany/Netherlands are the place to go to fetch one (and for the time being until Brexit kicks in, less paperwork!)

In actual fact we almost went for an early T5, but in the end the T4 won hands down - solid and bags more character...
Good luck!
Yes I was virtually tyre kicking that one last night. I think at that price it would be daft not to go T5.
I'd go 20k for the right one.

That one is indeed exceptionally expensive - don't see many with a price tag like that! :eek:
But if you're talking £20k (around 23.8k€ - sore point for the moment given the falling pound...) then i think it should be possible to find one (and for sure more so if you drop the 150 requirement, it'll widen the scope to some very nice late, 'fully loaded', 'Freestyle' models... ;))
For the few T5s we saw (cheapest were early (2005/2006) models, still demanding 25k€+), they weren't in good condition and found the build quality quite flimsy compared to the bullet proof T4s... But that was just our thoughts...
Happy hunting!:D

That one is indeed exceptionally expensive - don't see many with a price tag like that! :eek:
But if you're talking £20k (around 23.8k€ - sore point for the moment given the falling pound...) then i think it should be possible to find one (and for sure more so if you drop the 150 requirement, it'll widen the scope to some very nice late, 'fully loaded', 'Freestyle' models... ;))
For the few T5s we saw (cheapest were early (2005/2006) models, still demanding 25k€+), they weren't in good condition and found the build quality quite flimsy compared to the bullet proof T4s... But that was just our thoughts...
Happy hunting!:D

Well there in lies the problem. I couldn't live with a pre facelift T5. Just to dated and ugly for me. Interiors are flimsy and just seem to have acres of grey plastic everywhere.
A post facelift T5 will be north of £30k. Id rather go new.

Hi, after looking + for 6 months I managed to get my hands on 150 model, great condition

wp_ss_20160903_0001.jpg

I went to view it , its the 102 model- plus auto box not my bag at all - plus not electrics
What electrics, hookup or windows etc.?

Looks lovely and not a daft price when you consider the mileage

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

it does have 1 owner - 30.000 miles and it is a great colour , you cant take it with you. what would the exchange rate be about £21000 ?
At least 22.5k at the moment unfortunately.

So, pitched up South of France style, many Cali's. 5xT5, 2xT6, 2xT4 Westy inc us.

Would you coco, a sweet 150 Westy just rocked up on the pitch next door.
German owned from new. The owner is a complete T4 'bobble hat'. Can't shut him up

Plan. Get him wasted and buy it off him.

Let his tyres down , be there Sunday

Bugger. He can drink! I've got the mother and farther of hangovers.

I wonder if he's any good at poker?

Bugger. He can drink! I've got the mother and farther of hangovers.

I wonder if he's any good at poker?
He might be after your van?

So, pitched up South of France style, many Cali's. 5xT5, 2xT6, 2xT4 Westy inc us.

Would you coco, a sweet 150 Westy just rocked up on the pitch next door.
German owned from new. The owner is a complete T4 'bobble hat'. Can't shut him up

Plan. Get him wasted and buy it off him.
Do you have any pictures ?

Back