Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Latest VW Income Generator coming to your Dealership.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Whilst booking my Annual Service and MOT I was offered a new add on Service.
An Emissions Service for £29.99.
Apparantly it involves an Oil Flush and Injector Treatment. In-depth details weren’t forthcoming and when told I would think about it was told I could decide on the day.
Knowing VW hourly rates are not the cheapest I really cannot work out what they would do for that amount.
Anyone any thoughts?

maybe what they offered me a fuel addative

Whilst booking my Annual Service and MOT I was offered a new add on Service.
An Emissions Service for £29.99.
Apparantly it involves an Oil Flush and Injector Treatment. In-depth details weren’t forthcoming and when told I would think about it was told I could decide on the day.
Knowing VW hourly rates are not the cheapest I really cannot work out what they would do for that amount.
Anyone any thoughts?
I would also be interested!

My guess (and it is a guess) as follows:
Oil flush = additive used to thin the old oil prior to draining
Injector treatment = redex type fuel additive left in the tank
I had this explanation from an independent when I queried a couple of things on a bill some years ago
So no labour cost just overpriced consumables used in the process

My guess is they change a couple of ones and zeros in the ECU and magically your emissions are back within tolerance ;-)

A tin of wynns oil treatment prior to flushing out the oil.
And an additive for the tank...

Any decent garage would run a wynns through as part of the oil change..

A bottle of Forte fuel treatment in the tank. 30 secs. labour to tip it in.

As others have said above, it could be to do with emissions. My Cali failed MoT in July because of emissions reading too high.
The garage i trust and have used for 30yrs, supplied me with a bottle of Forte fuel treatment, emptied into fuel tank and was sent on a 20 mile drive along M42 keeping in 3rd gear and revs between 3500 & 4000. Arrived back about 1hr later and and passed emissions with flying colours.

‘Oil Flush’...???
Isn’t that the main point of a service?

‘Oil Flush’...???
Isn’t that the main point of a service?
What is the chance of this treatment being included in the paid for service plan, presumably just the same as the A/C service and the brake fluid change, zero.

What is the chance of this treatment being included in the paid for service plan, presumably just the same as the A/C service and the brake fluid change, zero.
Correct.

As others have said above, it could be to do with emissions. My Cali failed MoT in July because of emissions reading too high.
The garage i trust and have used for 30yrs, supplied me with a bottle of Forte fuel treatment, emptied into fuel tank and was sent on a 20 mile drive along M42 keeping in 3rd gear and revs between 3500 & 4000. Arrived back about 1hr later and and passed emissions with flying colours.
Out of interest, would you mind saying which garage?

So your dealership is saying, we can service it or sevice it properly if you pay us more money. Better off going to an Indy or doing it yourself.

It's not part of the normal servicing requirements but I can see it being possibly useful for the many low milage Californias that are around.

I believe the T6 manual says something about not adding fuel treatments.... I remember because I was using one regularly in my T5.

Back