Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lead times

NorCal

NorCal

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Has anyone ordered a new California Ocean recently and been given a shorter than anticipated lead time?

We ordered (again…) at the beginning of March 2023 and were advised delivery ‘could’ be in as little as 3-5 months. I’ve read a couple posts on the forum stating some dealers had stated delivery within 8 weeks?

Seeing the number of nearly new California’s for sale, ex-demos, a new ‘budget’ Ocean and incentives (we secured the £1k sweetener, 3 services, first MOT and significant % off list) this suggests that demand is soft.

We’ve been monitoring lead times for around 2.5 years, and in that time seen them climb from 5 months to 12+ months (that’s when we decided to buy! ), and in the past few months a number are reporting very short lead times. I think the really short (6-8 week) periods are mostly people buying from dealer pre-ordered stock. There’s certainly more of these around (zero when we took the plunge). Realistically to get a van to your spec from the factory you should reckon on 3 to 4 months - based on a few weeks to get into the system, 2-3 week build, and a post build delivery time of about 5 weeks.

My sister ordered one in Oct and it's due May/June with the current time they have from dealer. That lead time is possibly likely to it being still in the older pipeline, does seem from some posts they coming in short times now for more recent orders. Have been looking at some that ordered well after her have already taken delivery.

I ordered a new Ocean at the end of February and was expecting to collect it at the end of July. Now got a confirmed build of w/c 17th April. So, now have to anticipate delivery sometime in June. Going to be great whenever it arrives

I ordered in the second half of March and they told me 3-6 months, but they also told me if I was OK to have it delivered earlier if it comes earlier . . . I am taking that as a suggestion that they are aware some might actually undercut the order time otherwise why say that? I am hopeful for an early delivery but either way it'll be worth waiting for! Mine is pretty much standard spec with no fancy paintwork so I'm hoping that will also help with the speediness.

Just heard a VW radio advert for the Cali. Never, ever heard that before. Offers until 30 April apparently, for deliveries by 30 Dec. Clearly a final push for orders before being discontinued.