Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali unexpectedly on the way

Nigel Herriott

Nigel Herriott

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
We ordered a new Cali Ocean at the end of August and were warned by the sales rep that the lead time was up to 1 year. After the order reached VW we received an update email that said "Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated", which was pretty much what the dealer rep had said. However he phoned me in mid-October with good news: our Cali was going to be built early the new year, but VW were not able to provide an exact date yet. The next thing was that we got an email from VW in mid-November and said "Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications" so I phoned the dealer sales rep to ask what the delivery date might be. When he checked he was told that it was already built and was waiting to be shipped from the factory. It seems we might have it before Christmas which is a great deal better than we expected although it does seem that VW don't have much idea of their production plan!

We ordered a new Cali Ocean at the end of August and were warned by the sales rep that the lead time was up to 1 year. After the order reached VW we received an update email that said "Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated", which was pretty much what the dealer rep had said. However he phoned me in mid-October with good news: our Cali was going to be built early the new year, but VW were not able to provide an exact date yet. The next thing was that we got an email from VW in mid-November and said "Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications" so I phoned the dealer sales rep to ask what the delivery date might be. When he checked he was told that it was already built and was waiting to be shipped from the factory. It seems we might have it before Christmas which is a great deal better than we expected although it does seem that VW don't have much idea of their production plan!
I ordered in June and have the same unexpected pleasant surprise. I have been told I need to pay by November to get the price at time or order which depends on a chassis number and DVLA registration- might be tight as only 11 days to go!!

Back