Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking current from leisure battery

I feel however this whole battery drain reduced the lifespan and total capacity of my batteries. Do you think I should held the dealer responsible for this?

I feel however this whole battery drain reduced the lifespan and total capacity of my batteries. Do you think I should held the dealer responsible for this?
I doubt it, the batteries can handle more than a trickle discharge without breaking.

The dealer though should replace the plug unit under warranty.

Degradation is complex to measure and prove. If your batteries have not been below 11V or at low charge for an extended time they are probably in reasonable shape. Obviously get what you can but if they resist you might need to perform a capacity test and record the results.

Undamaged lead acid batteries will always benefit from a prolonged period of high state of charge or being held at float voltage. Perhaps plug you van in for a few days and then try see if the batteries look like they will do the job.

Back