Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking current from leisure battery

If that doesn’t work then the supply is permanent via the battery monitor unit J934 which you can see is hard wired to the leisure battery.
6297ECC3-1852-41CD-BA0D-028E55B99781.jpegC03F8981-BBEA-4C59-BC99-B8C65DFE4331.jpeg

I find it hard to locate the fuses in the diagrams, as the fuse positions do not seem to be numbered or anything.

I find it hard to locate the fuses in the diagrams, as the fuse positions do not seem to be numbered or anything.
So pull all of the 25/30A fuses one by one till the light goes out! :headbang

Can we just recap a bit as I can understand this is getting difficult with no clear fuse numbers.

The Fuse SH25 mentioned by @sidepod is a 30 amp fuse and is located under the passenger seat (right hand drive vehicle) or drivers seat as the OP is in the Netherlands.

Without any clear fuse numbers it is difficult to locate other than it has a good chance of being one of the 5 visible in the image.

The SH fuse list description
for fuses 1 to 12
20B6F65E-D787-4785-BAA1-C452BD866FB7.jpeg

follows the fuse rating sequence in this image hence The label for fuse 1

E3D6FA8A-C70C-4808-A8B6-4D0AF2CF4BF4.jpeg

So as we are looking for a 30 amp and as @sidepod has just said pull each 30 amp in sequence and one should extinguish the inverter .

My money would be now on this one

9AF69AAB-2011-42C4-9448-BA800887545D.jpeg

Or pull this one if it’s easier to locate?

A2D4546C-87DC-464C-8E84-3A77585FA547.jpeg

My gut feeling is pulling the fuse won’t extinguish the led. I think it’s powered via the purple/white striped wires from the battery monitor unit J934 which is hard wired to the leisure battery.

Purple/white is the LINbus network (12v/neg) so I’m guessing it is battery monitoring.

My gut feeling is pulling the fuse won’t extinguish the led. I think it’s powered via the purple/white striped wires from the battery monitor unit J934 which is hard wired to the leisure battery.

For simplicity would the removal of this terminal block connection from the inverter not resolve the matter by taking the inverter unit out of the system and see if the OP’s battery drain issue stops then over to dealer to resolve?

4354109C-6D8C-4422-B956-1EE42D8355A2.jpeg

Link posted by @yossarian at #43

I’m in the van now and I just pulled all the 30 amps fuses. None of them extinguishes the green led in the socket

For simplicity would the removal of this terminal block connection from the inverter not resolve the matter by taking the inverter unit out of the system and see if the OP’s battery drain issue stops then over to dealer to resolve?

View attachment 103204

Link posted by @yossarian at #43

I like that idea but how to remove that yellow socket? I’m trying but don’t want to break anything

I’m in the van now and I just pulled all the 30 amps fuses. None of them extinguishes the green led in the socket
As I suspected.

If there is no fuse in the line then it’s supposed to be on and probably isn’t the cause of your drain.

I like that idea but how to remove that yellow socket? I’m trying but don’t want to break anything

This is the link that @yossarian posted (thanks @Johnny Rocket

Here's someone removing and replacing the socket

NB long thread images and detail at end

As I suspected.

If there is no fuse in the line then it’s supposed to be on and probably isn’t the cause of your drain.

But your green light is NOT on right?

Btw, I was able to remove the plug from the socket

But your green light is NOT on right?

Btw, I was able to remove the plug from the socket

Having travelled this far with you on this issue, do please report back on how your leisure battery charge holds up with the inverter unplugged from the vans systems

What does the manual say about the green light?
There is a “i” icon next to it.

What does the manual say about the green light?
There is a “i” icon next to it.
The manual say
LED display above the socket Green light permanently on: The childproof lock is unlocked. The European power socket is ready to work.

So it’s not that causing your drain.

So it’s not that causing your drain.
Sorry I disagree.
The green light on means the child lock is disabled.
The way to disable the child lock is to plug something into the socket.
The inverter thinks something is plugged in & is therefore turned on.
A normal unused socket does not have a green LED lit. Putting an adapter in will make it light up.

What @andyinluton said. Here's a screenshot from the manual:

Screenshot_2022-12-17_20-50-33.png

If you've got a green light the inverter is snacking your battery energy. The microswitch switches the inverter on. Disconnect the 10 position plug at the inverter end and you can check for a short between pins (double check -- I posted it previously) 6 and 7. If shorted get them to order a new socket under warranty. The socket contains the (faulty if pins 6 & 7 are shorted) microswitch.

Edit: pins 6 & 7 for the microswitch confirmed.

Edit: @sidepod has been a bit naughty and posted a few diagrams for a previous version of your vehicle. Take care when looking at diagrams.

If pins 6 & 7 are shorted you can leave that 10 pin cable disconnected and the inverter should remain off.

Last edited:
Sorry I disagree.
The green light on means the child lock is disabled.
The way to disable the child lock is to plug something into the socket.
The inverter thinks something is plugged in & is therefore turned on.
A normal unused socket does not have a green LED lit. Putting an adapter in will make it light up.
Agreed. My bad.

Back