Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking sliding rear window

Scorps

Scorps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
has any one else had any problems with a leaking osr sliding window?

has any one else had any problems with a leaking osr sliding window?
Yep, mine was the kitchen side. It took 2 replacements of whole side window before it was resolved. Water used to run down into cupboard.
There are two problems, the rubber seal doesn't do a brilliant job. So there's a couple of drains on the inside in the groove that the window slides in. On the first two windows I had these drains were faulty and leaked into the van rather than out (they have outlets outside between the glass and bodywork).

Yep, mine was the kitchen side. It took 2 replacements of whole side window before it was resolved. Water used to run down into cupboard.
There are two problems, the rubber seal doesn't do a brilliant job. So there's a couple of drains on the inside in the groove that the window slides in. On the first two windows I had these drains were faulty and leaked into the van rather than out (they have outlets outside between the glass and bodywork).
I took mine in today to be checked out, on picking it up they informed me there was a tear in the rubber so they've changed the whole window. I will need to give it the water test in the morning as it was dark when I got home.

Silicone grease usually does the trick on the seal as long as drains clear . I had a new galley window an passenger front in the spring after they were smashed in France . £1500 .

Back