Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking vango awning

Scorps

Scorps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Anyone had leaks running down the airbeam inside the awning and on the toggles to the two side windows. This is the first time I've used the vango galli and think it's very poor.

IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2149.JPG
Anyone had leaks running down the airbeam inside the awning and on the toggles to the two side windows. This is the first time I've used the vango galli and think it's very poor.

Are the seams tape sealed? If so probably a faulty tape somewhere.
If not then it could well leak a bit through the stitching.

Are the seams tape sealed? If so probably a faulty tape somewhere.
If not then it could well leak a bit through the stitching.
Joints all seems to be stiched. This is the first time I've used it and it seems to be running of the majority of the beams. I know this is a silly question but I take it you can spray with a waterproof spray?

Hi Scorps,

We have a Galli and have used it a couple of times in rain and not had any leaks. I think you must have a defective unit, I would take it back for an exchange.

Hi Scorps,

We have a Galli and have used it a couple of times in rain and not had any leaks. I think you must have a defective unit, I would take it back for an exchange.
Thank you, I've got up this morning to find the centre section of the air beam at ceiling level has leaked! I'll be contacting vango on my return.

Hi Scorps,

Hi Chris, I've contacted vango and they said this can be normal the first few times of use as it needs to be weathered. They said all the stitching expands with the rain.
They've told me to contact them again if it's still leaks after a few times of use. Will see!

Hi Scorps, it's a great awning, once you get the hang of getting it back in to the carry bag. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

Snap! Ours was a Kela 2017 model and leaked on first outing in a number of areas including running down the toggles.
IMG_2258.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

Hi Chris, I've contacted vango and they said this can be normal the first few times of use as it needs to be weathered. They said all the stitching expands with the rain.
They've told me to contact them again if it's still leaks after a few times of use. Will see!

Just saw the above. They took mine back for a retest straight away as I told them I wasn't keeping it as it wasn't fit for purpose. It failed the test as they credited the retailer I had bought it from straight away. The retailer turned out to be the biggest nightmare in the whole sorry affair as they really dragged their heels returning my funds. I eventually had to go back to Vango and ask their account manager to intervene. I will never buy a Vango awning product again.

Just saw the above. They took mine back for a retest straight away as I told them I wasn't keeping it as it wasn't fit for purpose. It failed the test as they credited the retailer I had bought it from straight away. The retailer turned out to be the biggest nightmare in the whole sorry affair as they really dragged their heels returning my funds. I eventually had to go back to Vango and ask their account manager to intervene. I will never buy a Vango awning product again.
Hi, which dealer did you buy from? I'm going to give it another go to see what happens and if it happens again it'll go straight back!

Hi Scorps, it's a great awning, once you get the hang of getting it back in to the carry bag. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!
That's the only problem getting it in the bag, it's just folding to the right size before rolling.

That doesn't make for good reading, I must say dealing with Vango their after sales is some of the best we've seen - link here ->http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/content/28-aftersales and anything purchased from us with any issues (not just vango) we will support this process or exchange no problem :thumb

I'll send you a message.

Last edited:
Vango were fine when I eventually managed to get their phone number. However, they are there for the retailer and really shouldn't have to deal with the public unless one of their retailers has poor customer service and the retailer I had to deal with had shockingly bad customer care/communication skills which fortunately Vango stepped in and helped with in our case.

I am sure your shop would provide good customer care and assist with returns.

Last edited:
We have had the same issues.

Bought our Galli in October last year. Was sent back as stitching on tubes was incomplete and tubes bowed.

Returned WITHOUT repair. Vango sent a new awning. New awning did not have inner clips for the inner bedroom. Tent went back and new one issued.

New awning leaked. Sent back and had a repair. Used last weekend and still leaking.

Awaiting a replacement.

Also had leaking tubes on each new tent so had numerous replacements.

Going to try one more time before seeking a refund.

IMG_9236.JPG

IMG_9252.JPG

IMG_9253.JPG

Bought our Galli in October last year. Was sent back as stitching on tubes was incomplete and tubes bowed.

Returned WITHOUT repair. Vango sent a new awning. New awning did not have inner clips for the inner bedroom. Tent went back and new one issued.

New awning leaked. Sent back and had a repair. Used last weekend and still leaking.

Awaiting a replacement.

Awaiting a replacement.

View attachment 24938

View attachment 24939

View attachment 24940
That's disgusting, I'm going to speak to my supplier this week to get mine checked out. I don't really want to change as I like the design but if I have to I don't know what I will go for!

This is a bit worrying - we only bought ours last week. Maybe I won't be putting the trusty Oztent on Ebay after all........ Vango do warn of condensation, particularly on the beams themselves and give tips how to minimise. This is definitely a leak, though? Oh dear.

Back