Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaky side windows

Dave_T

Dave_T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

I've noticed recently that when it rains, I get a bit of water coming though the side windows. This happens on both sides. Looking around this seems to be a common problem, and the resolution seems to be to get some silicon grease and put it between the window & the seal.

Have many people had this issue?

Thanks
Dave

Dave this is a common problem and the windows will be replaced under warranty.

Ok, thanks for that...

I did see some threads about people getting their windows replaced and they still leaked.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to me!

Thanks
Dave

Mine were leaking when the van was parked at a slight angle, had them replaced at SMG last year and all fine now. It is just a ten minute job.

Martin said:
Mine were leaking when the van was parked at a slight angle, had them replaced at SMG last year and all fine now. It is just a ten minute job.

Was it just the sliding section you had changed Martin?

Mine do leak slightly when on an incline due to the drain holes the other end if on a decline ..... Cleaned the rubber seal and they seem ok :)
Smg side it's a whole window out and new one bonded back in if they leak .., are they different then on a face lift ?

Some we have been able to replace the window insert and others have had to have a complete window removed and bonded back in.

First thing to check is that the drains aren't blocked which can cause them to leak as well. Then make sure that the window is firmly shut too.

cheers

Well, I got the windows replaced at the Ipswich van centre. Good service & they even gave the van a wash! Nice.

I'll wait until it next rains before giving the final verdict though.

I just find that the sliding window trims on the front where the opener are don't fit ,so u can see the springs inside .

Yes, the trims are the same on mine too.... I think that's a standard 'feature'

Mine leaked on the near side when parked on a slope.
Used the silicone grease method to solve and no problems since. Wouldn't fancy a complete window change, just my luck they would damage something doing it.

Hubert