Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Windows (Finding difficult to open)

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, can anyone help with advice when trying to slide open the side windows. Don't really want to start spraying silicon extra as it might cause a problem in the future.

Any help as always is appreciated.

How old is your Cali? If it’s pre sept 2015 then it will have the old style sliding windows with a plastic spacer on a metal pin these can break and cause the window to jam up. If your Cali is still in warranty then pop along to your local dealer and see what they can do with them. It may need new windows or just the inserts replacing. There is never any harm in a bit of good old silicone spray though.

If nothing is broken , cleaning the rails and siliconspray (as said above) is the best way to keep things working ...

Thanks VW Guru - 2012. Nothing broken at the moment, just a bit stiff. I will try a bit of silicone in the interim.

Thanks VW Guru - 2012. Nothing broken at the moment, just a bit stiff. I will try a bit of silicone in the interim.

I would suggest spraying the silicone onto a cloth and then putting the cloth in the channel with a biro or something inside it to distribute the silicone.
You don't need much silicone and it can be quite hard to control a spray.

Thanks for the advice - will let you know

Back