Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leather Seats

T6LB

T6LB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I've just had my seats leathered from DK Schweizer in Colchester and all I can say is 10/10 in my eyes better than factory leather, top service done in a day will be posting pics shortly incase anyone is thinking of having this done we selected the right colours, we had the Bentley double stitch and the craftmanship and service was 10/10 and I am hard to please.

I've just had my seats leathered from DK Schweizer in Colchester and all I can say is 10/10 in my eyes better than factory leather, top service done in a day will be posting pics shortly incase anyone is thinking of having this done we selected the right colours, we had the Bentley double stitch and the craftmanship and service was 10/10 and I am hard to please.

Look forward to the pics.
I'm going to go and see them to see if they can leather my seats to the same style as the leather on the Caravelle

I can honestly say i have had other vehicles leathered by different companies and there is no comparison i will get some pics up asap in the daylight to show how good they are. If you need any information i will be happy to help anyone out with advise

I can honestly say i have had other vehicles leathered by different companies and there is no comparison i will get some pics up asap in the daylight to show how good they are. If you need any information i will be happy to help anyone out with advise
Pics and prices and how long it took to do please

We are torn between getting seat covers and having leather. The original seats mark all too easily and we need to do something. I prefer leather for looks but I wonder if the rear seat would be too cold/hot depending on the season. Has anyone got any long term experience of living with a leather covered rear seat?

We are torn between getting seat covers and having leather. The original seats mark all too easily and we need to do something. I prefer leather for looks but I wonder if the rear seat would be too cold/hot depending on the season. Has anyone got any long term experience of living with a leather covered rear seat?
Hi Keith, leather is ok, we have had it in our van from new, no problems with temperatures,and easy to20150720_144507.jpg 20150720_144430.jpg clean

Not in Italy last year with temperatures of 35c and everyone wearing shorts.

Hi T6LB
Looks fantastic. Very interested for our new T6. How much was the re-trim?

After reading lots of threads about leather upgrades in California I finally took the plunge

Went for high quality leather and wanted a upgraded factory look so had wings stitched into the side on the fronts both in the base and the back.

Not the cheapest but really pleased with the results20171201_143822.jpg 20171201_143836.jpg 20171201_143826.jpg

Yep airbag certified, another reason they are not cheap!

After reading lots of threads about leather upgrades in California I finally took the plunge

Went for high quality leather and wanted a upgraded factory look so had wings stitched into the side on the fronts both in the base and the back.

Not the cheapest but really pleased with the resultsView attachment 28139 View attachment 28140 View attachment 28141

That looks fantastic.
Did you get it based on the Caravelle Leather? Thats exactly how i would like mine done but in a slightly darker grey.
Who did it for You?

Thanks, based on more of an Audi look
Had the work done by BTrim near Enfield... Super nice guys

Woody thanks for posting pics of your leather seats. They look superb. Am very tempted & BTrim are just up the road from me. Would you mind sharing the cost for the work? I would like exactly the same look on mine. Many thanks!

Woody thanks for posting pics of your leather seats. They look superb. Am very tempted & BTrim are just up the road from me. Would you mind sharing the cost for the work? I would like exactly the same look on mine. Many thanks!

Would prefer not to write on the forum, but suggest you pop along to them , have a chat to John and mention my van - im sure he will sort you out - top guy.

Thx

Hi I understand. Thanks for the photos. Wasn’t going to brother getting the work done until I saw how good yours look. Will go & see what they can do.

They look excellent. One word of caution - Don't wear denim jeans. My sisters cream leather seats stained and it does not come off.

Were the jeans or the seat permanently stained? I live in jeans. Could need to get a darker colour leather perhaps when I come to do it.

Sorry just re-read your message & understand that the seats stained. That’s not good. Guess I can talk options over with John & make a decision. V excited to upgrade my seats now.

Hi All

I am keen to get feedback on leather seat options for my Cali. The local dealers tend to use these guys for all Audi/VW etc leather upgrades. I have been sent these photos from a recent Cali that was done in NZ - and the results look very good. Keen to get peoples views. note: The outside colour of mine is Acapulco Blue/white with the inside being the same light wood as in these photo's.

Do you think people would get put off in the future with this not being a 'factory leather option' ? I have been the Alcantara seats though very little of the seat is actual leather and I think the full leather fronts on these give a more up market feel. Does the colour black work if you were buying it tomorrow (versus more a cream)?
IMG_9073[1].jpg IMG_9077[1].jpg IMG_9109[1].jpg IMG_9060[1].jpg IMG_9073[1].jpg IMG_9077[1].jpg

Personally, if two vans were offered side by side and one had aftermarket leather, I would take the one with leather. Colour is a bit more tricky - Black would be my first choice, though I wouldn’t say no if it was cream.

Thanks for the feedback ... I tend to agree 're black as it's very easy to look after and it is a safer resell I think. The proof lies in the quality of work. A lighter colour would mark as well, so I plan to pop along to the workshop to see the quality first hand. I see it as a positive that they have done a Cali ... so trying to hunt down the owner to see what they think.
Personally, if two vans were offered side by side and one had aftermarket leather, I would take the one with leather. Colour is a bit more tricky - Black would be my first choice, though I wouldn’t say no if it was cream.