Raggedroy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone installed the VW DLR lights?
Are they easy to install?
is there any software changes needed?

Cheers

We've done a few sets. They come with full instructions on how to do it all. You need to get them painted though.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
We've done a few sets. They come with full instructions on how to do it all. You need to get them painted though.

Cheers :thumb

Started wiring the lights today in preparation for the trim to come back from painting.

I have 4 connectors;
Left LED
Right LED
Left light connection & Negative
Connector for indicators

The plug connector for the indicators doesn't match the socket in the driver, also the socket connector on the driver is sealed. Is this normal as I thought the LEDs should dim when indicating. This obviously cant happen unless the indicator connection is made.

was is a straightforward plug in wire job, or did anything need re-coding?
thanks

Yep, all straight forward. One of the plugs had a cap on it which I hadn't realised, couldn't work out why it didn't match the socket. Its a bit fiddly connecting to one of the lights but nothing too bad.

Looks good Roy, the old dlr not used any more ? Do they dim when indicators on ?
Have been thinking about doing this, but the cost due to spraying the new panel has put me off.

Andy said:
Looks good Roy, the old dlr not used any more ? Do they dim when indicators on ?
Have been thinking about doing this, but the cost due to spraying the new panel has put me off.

You are supposed to remove the fuses from the original dlr's. I did think about leaving the old ones on but it looked odd as the led's are a lot whiter.

They dim when the main lights are on or the indicators.

I cost me £90 to get them painted.

Yes trhe new bumper insert has hole for sensor

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I got VW to fit mine, standard charge £450 including parts, painting, fitting (including parking sensors) and comes with 2 year warrant...they make the front look great. Think it is a pretty good price for what you get,

They look really good and we have them on our car. Been thinking about these since I bought my Cali(2 weeks ago) but where do you get them from?
I was concerned that I would have to drill them to fit the parking sensors.
What was the turn around to them painted?

are these OEM? can anyone provide the part numbers pls?

Remember you can get these from us as well and can be delivered or we can fit here for you too.

cheers

What about the LED lights within the headlight housings? Assume that's a xenon only thing? They do look damn good IMO.

What's the best way to get the panels out? Finally got mine back from the painters and hoping to fit them next week, when I've got a couple of hours free and it's dry.
I did well a local bodyshop only charged £70 for painting!

Did yours come with cut outs for the parking sensors?

They are all there but you have to cut the holes for the front parking sensors and stick the sensor onto the new panel

cheers

I am about to fit my drls, better late than never, but I'm struggling to get the grill off! I've taken the screws out at the top of it but not sure where it's secured at the bottom, and don't want to break it.
Also did people buy new mounts for the parking sensors or use the originals? It looks like they are held on with tape, so thinking sharp knife to get them off.
Any help welcome.

Back