Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Left kitchen door not locking anymore

W

Wouter-Ocean61

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello,

We have a 2020 California 6.1 Ocean. We bought it last year and are very happy with it.

A small problem. The left kitchen door won't 'lock' anymore. The plastic piece with the hole on the left where the door lip needs to slot in seems to be broken (a piece of plastic seems missing). So the door lip doesn't have something to click behind and so athe door keeps opening while driving.

Image[1].jpeg

Image.jpeg

I already tried to glue a small plastic strip on it and that worked for a while but it didn't last long before it came loose.

Is this broken piece replacable or do you have some other smart ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Wouter
The Netherlands

This is maybe the most common “repair spare” on the California. It’s so easy to break the catch with the right hand door. The spare part is available at the club shop if that helps. There are lots of threads on the repair. Here’s one…

Thanks! Found the right partnumber (the door catch, part 7H7068027) and just ordered one. Next challenge: how to get the old one out. As there are 2 smalls screws at the back, I think I have to remove the fridge to access them.

It seems that there are 6 screws (3 in the wardrobe, 3 under the cupboard). Is that all or is there more needed to remove the fridge?

Thanks again.

Back