Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery draining with nothing in use - T6.1

B

BeaJ

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I thought this might be useful information. We have an issue where the leisure battery is draining on our T6.1 Ocean and nothing is connected.

We go this back from the dealer:

Technical reason

The Special Functions ECU (J608) is powered according to the state of charge of the various additional batteries or the starter battery. Under certain conditions, it can remain active and thus discharge the batteries even though the deactivation command has been transmitted by the energy management system. It remains active, for example, if the message "2nd battery discharged" (see appendix) is not acknowledged with OK at the vehicle control unit.

Serial installation Measure

Reset the Special Functions ECU (J608) by removing fuses SC5, SC6, SC7 and SC8 (25 A each) from the fuse holder under the steering column and reconnect them after waiting at least 10 seconds.

Then perform an SVM update (SVM code 3676) on the vehicle to change the software version from 0306 to 0408 on the Special Function ECU/vehicle (J608). If software version 0408 is already installed, postpone the repair. A new update is being developed and will probably be available in week 48 / 2022.

Always make the customer aware of the additional battery discharge via the vehicle functions. In the case of long periods of deactivation, ensure that the additional batteries are sufficiently charged. For this purpose, use the "Max. charge" function in the vehicle's control unit beforehand or recharge the batteries regularly via the power grid in accordance with the batteries regularly via the power supply in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications / operating instructions. Also instruct the customer to always confirm the message "2nd battery discharged" (see appendix) by OK at the vehicle control unit.

In all cases, the batteries must be treated as usual in accordance with the regulations of the VAS 6161 test results.

Thanks, I was aware of this TPI because I have been suffering this problem for two years and it was not solved with version 0408.

Two weeks ago I was told by my dealer that there is another software update being developed for those not able to synchronize the WeConnect user profile: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...o-synchronise-user-profile.45600/#post-592418

Honestly, I am not surprised Herbert Dies was fired a couple of weeks ago, in part due to the software problems of recent VW models.

Back