Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Batteries draining?

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum. Are you the service manager from @AlisonF ’s local dealership?
I’m fairly sure it is, and I hope when he logs in at work on Monday morning he gets a warm welcome.

Alison,

I need to preface this by saying I know little about batteries or the California electrics.

I have just read the whole thread from start to finish.

It seems that your initial problems began when your 12v sockets were disconnected following the fitting of tow bar electrics. When your local garage reconnected the 12v sockets your problems began.

Your batteries have now been changed, but the problems persist, suggesting that the underlying issue is not related to the batteries, but something else.

As a layman my suspicion is with something to do with the fitting of a tow bar electrics causing a drain when the 12v sockets are connected. To me this seems odd because as far as I know the tow bar electrics come from the engine battery not the leisure battery.

As I say I know little about California electrics, but perhaps my train of thought may prompt someone with a more informed understanding to have some idea of what may have gone wrong.

@Amarillo - thanks for taking the time to read through it all.
I’ve been testing the heater overnight and trying to see what’s going on. The (overnight external) temps have been quite warm recently so waiting for some colder weather. So far, I haven’t been seeing the recovery in V that has been suggested after switching the heater off.
The chart from @Loz is very handy to check against.

Back