Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery flat after 2 weeks

C

Chainline

VIP Member
Anyone have their leisure battery go flat (new, fitted by dealer prior to delivery) after a couple of weeks.

I’ve been on holiday, come back, went to put some things in the grand and leisure batt is flat as a pancake.

I’ll isolate going forward but seems odd with a new battery as though some thing is draining it.

Nothing was ‘on’

There’s only 2 things it could be,
Something draining it
Or defective battery, To be fair batteries are pretty good nowadays but on saying that I do come across defective ones on brand new vehicles at the PDI stage but certainly not common,
The best thing to do is fully charge the leisure battery and put a amp meter in series to check for parastatic drain, This maybe something for the supplying dealer to sort out for you.

Anyone have their leisure battery go flat (new, fitted by dealer prior to delivery) after a couple of weeks.
That’s normal for a GC with no solar, only way to stop it is use the big red isolator switch, it’s what it’s there for.

I’ve got a battery monitor on the leisure battery & it shows a steady discharge - about a week from full to flat unless isolated.

That’s normal for a GC with no solar, only way to stop it is use the big red isolator switch, it’s what it’s there for.

I’ve got a battery monitor on the leisure battery & it shows a steady discharge - about a week from full to flat unless isolated.
Totally - flat in 1-2 weeks without isolator (even with switching off everything including trauma unit).

However, 1 hour-ish to charge fully while driving.

Set off yesterday - was fully flat (3.5amp wouldn’t get the water pump going even), used it at the Big Feastival 3 weeks ago, but given the 10k worth of trips over the last year, have come to accept it… by the time we reached the Cotswolds (around 2 hour drive), I was spilling over with power.

So either isolate or recharge :)

Back