Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vehicle and leisure battery dead?!

G

gover100

Vehicle
Grand California 680
My van is in storage - indoors, nice and protected from the winter weather... and today its stone dead. Wouldnt even unlock from keyfob.

I have parked it up and thrown the isolator for the leisure battery and left it before without and problems. However, after just 27 days both batteries were dead.
I didnt realise the vehicle battery could drain the leisure battery, especially when isolated?

I have plugged it in and will give it a few days to charge both batteries (fingers crossed). Has anyone had this happen to them? What would drain the vehicle battery? I have added nothing new. The tracker is obvioulsy active but its power demand is tiny.

Does the isolater just prevent output from the battery or does it comlpetely isolate it from the 13amp feed, solar, b2b etc?

I have a new Beach and left a reading light on recently. It drained both the starter and leisure batteries. As for you, stone dead. I can understand it draining one, but not both as they should not be connected in that way. So a similar problem to yours Gover100, though your issue seems even more weird.

It gets weirder. Left it on EHU for four days... Looks like the leisure battery is fully charged, but the only thing that works is the toilet light! None of the other lights operate and whilst the control panel functions, cannot turn on wifi etc.

The cab is still completely dead. Going back tomorrow in daylight to jump start it.

Graeme.

It gets weirder. Left it on EHU for four days... Looks like the leisure battery is fully charged, but the only thing that works is the toilet light! None of the other lights operate and whilst the control panel functions, cannot turn on wifi etc.

The cab is still completely dead. Going back tomorrow in daylight to jump start it.

Graeme.
Is the starter battery flat? Once that’s sorted I would suggest you turn of the isolator switch in the rear cupboard, then unplug the blue connector located under the glove box, leave it out for a few minutes then reconnect.
See how that goes.

Starter battery is very flat... Have seen the infamous blue connector mentioned on several threads - will give that a go. Thank you.

Is the blue connector easily accessible? I am just googling for images or videos of its location..

Graeme.
will give that a go

Same here, just called AA for Flat battery after 15 days. The blue connector links to the rear step, etc. that might be the one drink the current from the starter battery. Will make an enquiry to VW Van centre too if they have any clues.

Back