Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery position GC 680

M

murphyrocks

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi ,

Does anyone know the position of the leisure battery in the grand California 680 I'm scratching my head !

Hi ,

Does anyone know the position of the leisure battery in the grand California 680 I'm scratching my head !
I thought some owners said it was under the bonnet.

I can only find one battery under the bonnet so I expect that is for the engine ??
Post 11

The one under the bonnet is indeed the lesure bat as @WelshGas says
The engine bat is under the floor under the rear seat somewhere

Stupid place to put the leisure battery.!!!!!
There’s bags of room in the rear cupboards massive empty spaces where you could have the option to put a second battery very easily but where do vw put it ,under the bonnet...:oops:

Last edited:
Stupid place to put the leisure battery.!!!!!
There’s bags of room in the rear cupboards massive empty spaces where you could have the option to put a second battery very easily but where do vw put it ,under the bonnet...:oops:
yes its a bit of an odd arrangement but there it is !

The bottom line is that the Grand California is based on the Crafter van which has an optional auxiliary battery - under the bonnet.. Makes sense to put it under the bonnet - you would not want it taking up space in the load bay.

Sorry to reopen an August topic, great having the leisure battery under the bonnet, you can see it and all. I love skiing and it gets kinda cold, 24 hrs a day.

Be lovely if the leisure battery was in the nice diesel heated part of the camper instead of sat in -15C with the wind whistling through.

Are we 100% about the position of the leisure battery?

Thanks

Sorry to reopen an August topic, great having the leisure battery under the bonnet, you can see it and all. I love skiing and it gets kinda cold, 24 hrs a day.

Be lovely if the leisure battery was in the nice diesel heated part of the camper instead of sat in -15C with the wind whistling through.

Are we 100% about the position of the leisure battery?

Thanks
Sadly yes. Leisure under bonnet, Engine under passenger seat.

Back