Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LEZ registration

They now do NOT pursue fines for speeding like they used to through the uk courts. Best thing is don’t speed when in France. If French plod stop you then no choice.
I think I have got a fine from a camera en France on the outskirts of a village.

In 2020 I got removed from the van and cautioned, coincidentally just on the bit of A20 we are talking about. After cruising around France for 2 weeks at 130kph I was a little too enthusiastic driving home from the tunnel.

@babble
You may be right but TFL use EPC a Europe wide debt collection agency specifically for this.
Their web site does say you should pay the fees and if following registration your vehicle is exempt they will refund. You would hope the same applies to fines.
Best bet would be to get the van correctly registered with TFL for the LEZ first, then ask them to delete the fine.

The LEZ is basically anywhere inside the M25 with the M25 itself being exempt so the location is within the area.

However your vehicle should be exempt as all vans & minibuses under 3.5 tonnes and all passenger cars are exempt.

This zone really exists to keep lorries and other big vehicles that don’t comply with euro6 out of London.

Don’t confuse the LEZ with the ULEZ which is far more onerous.

As you can see from the posts above there’s a lot of English people that enter the zone & don’t even realise. Just lucky that Uk vehicles are already on the LEZ database so they know not to send the fines.
My apologies, I was looking at the ULEZ zone but the LEZ zone does not cover the A20 from the M25 up to and including the A233 roundabout which is part of the Sidcup bypass.

The french do still persue UK drivers for fines. Only thing that has changed is that DVLA don’t hand over your details like they used to. Instead sign up to Crit Air & you’ve given them all the info they need.
Not necessarily as a Critair covers the registration mark for its lifetime whoever owns it.

Euro parking collection plc is not a scam,
They tried nailing me with the LEZ but after registering
the vehicle I didn't have to pay the 600 and odd €

They did get me one time when I forgot to pay the QE2 bridge,
cost me about 18€ the bastards.

Quite unfair imho relying on foreigners to read the signs they display
specially when your doing about 90mph.

I hope the OP has already appealed.

Euro parking collection plc is not a scam,
They tried nailing me with the LEZ but after registering
the vehicle I didn't have to pay the 600 and odd €

They did get me one time when I forgot to pay the QE2 bridge,
cost me about 18€ the bastards.

Quite unfair imho relying on foreigners to read the signs they display
specially when your doing about 90mph.

I hope the OP has already appealed.
Typical Britain, everyone expected to read English on signs that apply to other nationalities.

In 2020 I got removed from the van and cautioned, coincidentally just on the bit of A20 we are talking about. After cruising around France for 2 weeks at 130kph I was a little too enthusiastic driving home from the tunnel.

Was it 16 August 2020 at 19:35?

d4bfa1356bdc93aa36281718ab9ffb74.jpg

Just here:

Last edited:
I got two fines through this week from EPC as well. Same fine as the OP for going into the LEZ.
The infringements were in Apr and Jun for going into the LEZ in my 2020 6.1 Beach tour registered in France. So they took quite sometime to come through.
I was in London at the time of the photo so it is not a scam.
Annoyingly I had registered my Beach with EPC earlier this year as had heard of the requirement. But still got fined!!
I have appealed and will see what the outcome is.
Also got fined for my 2020 VW Polo!
Grrrrrrrrrrr

That would be our way home. Gold van? T5?
Thankfully just another speeding course. Actually I think I have zero points these days.

It was two years ago, and I don’t recall the colour. But my dash cam caught you earlier (if it was you) around Maidstone.
5036cc7179f9230630fc8cc558c418f7.jpg

It’s a pretty shoddy picture as it’s taken while I was driving directly into the sun.

It looks like there are bikes on the back.

But the biggest clues are the date and time.

16 August 2020
7:09pm at Maidstone
7:35pm at Sidcup
(But I think my dash cam times are exactly 1hr late as my Google timeline has me arriving home at 18:43).

Was that the right date and approximate time you returned from France?

It was two years ago, and I don’t recall the colour. But my dash cam caught you earlier (if it was you) around Maidstone.
5036cc7179f9230630fc8cc558c418f7.jpg

It’s a pretty shoddy picture as it’s taken while I was driving directly into the sun.

It looks like there are bikes on the back.

But the biggest clues are the date and time.

16 August 2020
7:09pm at Maidstone
7:35pm at Sidcup
(But I think my dash cam times are exactly 1hr late as my Google timeline has me arriving home at 18:43).

Was that the right date and approximate time you returned from France?
That would be the correct day. 24hrs too late.
0AC2F961-56E1-4132-8C1B-A0A03ABC3453.png

That would be our way home. Gold van? T5?
Thankfully just another speeding course. Actually I think I have zero points these days.
The Speed Awareness courses are now online using MS Teams. I did one in January after being nicked for 34mph near my house late last year. Found it very worthwhile, informative and actually quite good fun.