Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LiFePO4 in GC680 (groan)

R

RachelD

Vehicle
Grand California 680
I’ve read as many threads as I can on the subject and so many people have either just thrown them in (not a great idea) or fitted expensive extra systems.

I’ve not collected my GC680 yet but when cruising the YouTube I notice that the GC with factory solar seems to be fitted with the Votronic MPP250 solar charge controller which has settings for various lifepo4 batteries.

It seems then, unless I’m missing something obvious (not the first or last time) then it’s a dead easy job of swapping out the AGM for the biggest lifepo4 that fits under the bonnet (ideally with heating option) and set the dip switches accordingly.

Am I right, or falling for a newbie error?

Have a quick read of this recent post

I read that but I think I missed a point thus:

rea all very well having the lithium battery charge correctly by solar, but it will not be by the alternator so simply changing the dip switches is half a job.

In my T5.1 I have a 240w solar panel connected to a CTEK D250se and a renogy monitor on a 100ah lithium battery. I have spent 2 days in the winter with my 2kw heater, big compressor fridge and lighting/phone charging and only got down to 50% capacity.

It seems
Have a quick read of this recent post

thanks
I read that a few days ago but didn’t quite follow it all as it meandered a bit.

It’s seems sometimes the ‘solution’ causes more problems than it cures. A bit of an oversight for VW?

Back