Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC680 Height with Aircon

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi, Planning to book a Condor ferry to Jersey. It mentions max height as 3.1m. I haven't physically measured the van, but going from the published numbers, van height 2840mm + Aircon box height 225mm comes to 3065mm. It seems less than 3100mm, but not by much!
Does anyone know if my figures are correct, or has anyone taken a GC680 fitted with aircon box on a Condor ferry?
TIA

Hi, Planning to book a Condor ferry to Jersey. It mentions max height as 3.1m. I haven't physically measured the van, but going from the published numbers, van height 2840mm + Aircon box height 225mm comes to 3065mm. It seems less than 3100mm, but not by much!
Does anyone know if my figures are correct, or has anyone taken a GC680 fitted with aircon box on a Condor ferry?
TIA
Note sure where your info comes from but here is a screenshot of the SSP for a GC680, always under 3M

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 12.04.42.png

That's brilliant Gordon, just what I needed!
I got the height from somewhere online, then aded the aircon box height from the instruction book, but the above info give the dimensions very clearly!
Thanks!

The difference in figures is that although the zaircon unit is 225 high, its not mounted on the tallest part of the roof, so it only adds 118mm to the overall height.

Measured our 680 today. No AC or TV, but have BF Goodrich tyres which are taller than standard. Tallest point was 2897mm.

Back