Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

lights at bottom of seat

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
2019 Ocean, just spotted a light behind drivers/passengers seats at base, wondering if they are certacy lights for passengers in the back. Any idea how to turn them on?

Not sure if this is part of the interior ambient lighting that was introduced recently - if so I think the switches are at the front of the kitchen unit behind the front seat.
However, if it is the same as my 2016 Ocean it is a removable torch. Limited use except to prevent you from doing something more creative with the space :) .
This thread has the details: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/got-it-yesterday-need-help-with-the-torch.9303/

Thanks for getting back to me. Had a look at photos of torch, mine are definitely lights, looks exactly the same as the certacy light in boot but they don't come on when you open the sliding door as I thought they might. They don't come on with the light switch's at the side of kitchen unit either. I think one of my leisure batteries is not working as at best only reading 50% on control panel, wondering if these 2 small lights are powered by one of the leisure batteries and if that one isn't working these lights don't come on. Sadly I'm beginning to compile a small list of problems with our new Cali. All small issues so I'll wait until I've got a few more then book it in.

Hi, there are some forum threads about a sequence of button pushes with those sink unit buttons as you can choose whether to have them coming on with the door opening or not

A picture would be a great thing so see here, instead of trying to
understand what you're on about a pic says it all.

Thanks but changing the mode on the sink switch makes no difference. Does anyone else with a newish Ocean have these lights?

Sorry, I've tried uploading a picture before without success, only got a phone (no computer) but the lights look exactly the same as the certacy light in the boot if that helps

Yes, i´ve got it now :headbang
You mean coursety light.

I've never seen them on the back of the seats.

Sorry, I've tried uploading a picture before without success, only got a phone (no computer) but the lights look exactly the same as the certacy light in the boot if that helps
Yes, i´ve got it now :headbang
You mean coursety light.

I've never seen them on the back of the seats.
Courtesy Lights.

These lights are part of the option that you get when you have the shower attachment. You will have additional lights in the backs of the seats, the front door cards and the front footwells. Just adds to the mood lighting and comes on when the headlamps are on.

Thanks very much, "headlamps", mood lighting I get but only when headlamps are on " confused"

Just tried it, your right, they come on when you put your headlamps on, thankyou all for your help

I have a 2018 Cali and have the same issue. Kitchen unit switches do not affect these lights as far as I’m aware. Any ideas anyone?

They also dim with the instrument lights - so they light up when the instruments are on high (the roller control next to the headlight switch), when the instrument lights are set to dim they will not be on when driving.

They also dim with the instrument lights - so they light up when the instruments are on high (the roller control next to the headlight switch), when the instrument lights are set to dim they will not be on when driving.
It worked !
Thanks mickmull