Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lights coming on..?

Lequimper

Lequimper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My Cali is currently parked up in a secure storage area.

I got an email from the site manager first thing stating that front and rear my lights had been on through the night! He sent a photo to demonstrate.

I had visited the van earlier that day but am sure I hadn’t left them on.

I went this morning in daylight and no lights on - all appeared normal and the van started fine. i drove it for about 15 mins and again all fine.

Have now turned the automatic headlights etc to the Off position instead of Auto. Anyone got any idea what might have happened here?

Must say I find all the various lighting options inside and out quite hard to get my head around!

TIA

My Cali is currently parked up in a secure storage area.

I got an email from the site manager first thing stating that front and rear my lights had been on through the night! He sent a photo to demonstrate.

I had visited the van earlier that day but am sure I hadn’t left them on.

I went this morning in daylight and no lights on - all appeared normal and the van started fine. i drove it for about 15 mins and again all fine.

Have now turned the automatic headlights etc to the Off position instead of Auto. Anyone got any idea what might have happened here?

Must say I find all the various lighting options inside and out quite hard to get my head around!

TIA
If those were internal lights you might want to check for camping mode settings in the top console screen…if the van locked and internal lights on it’s likely that camping mode active and lights are set to be on. You can reconfigure which lights on/off or disable camping mode.

Thank you. I’ll check camping mode is off, though should be as it’s been driven since last used in that mode And Inthink that deactivates it.

It’s hard to tell which lights were on from this photo. The manager thought external rear lights and headlights but I think he only has the photo to go on himself.

All very mysterious!

IMG_0649.jpeg

Thank you. I’ll check camping mode is off, though should be as it’s been driven since last used in that mode And Inthink that deactivates it.

It’s hard to tell which lights were on from this photo. The manager thought external rear lights and headlights but I think he only has the photo to go on himself.

All very mysterious!

View attachment 121550
Perhaps the indicator stalk "indicating left" and your light switch in the "parking lights" mode? I can't see front right headlight being on nor the rear right brakelight?...from memory, to save battery this mode would turn the lights out to save engine battery, which could explain them being "off" when you arrived? it does look from the image that there is a source of red lighting at the rear and white lighting at the front - hence my thinking. Also, from memory, you get a "buzzer" warning if you open the driver door if parking mode lights and indicator left on?

Yes, accidentally moving the indicator light and activating parking mode sounds like a likely reason. Could easily have knocked it when I pushed the stoplock into place. I’ll go over and take a look. Thank you again for you help.

Back