Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lights on when unlocking and ignition.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Is there a way to make lights not turn on when unlocking the car and on ignition key turn.
I'm beaming through the whole camp at night when opening/closing front windows (have to turn the key for that)
Same issue when unlocking from remote.
I am sure setting the lights from Auto to Off didn't help.

If you turn the light switch "off" only the smal lights go on . Leaving on "auto" at night will make a bigger beam

Im sure this was discussed a short while ago, unfortunately i cant find the post.
:headbang

If you turn the light switch "off" only the small lights go on . Leaving on "auto" at night will make a bigger beam
Yea seems "off" is just firing the day running lights. Not a perfect solution though :( I want to ignition stealthy or control the damn windows without ignition. They can be closed with remote after all.

Thought not, time to put the duct tape and cardboard into action .
:(

A totally different solution is to not use the ignition key . Lock from the inside with the button on the door, and if you need to open a window, use the rear side windows.
If I feel I am parked in a safe place....which I usually am, I don't even close the sliding door fully, so that I don't get the annoying whir of the door closing, and the light in the dash coming on. From the outside, it is almost not noticeable that the door is not fully closed.

Back