Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Little table invention

Love all this sort of stuff but why not put the cup on the glass top ...... please excuse me if I'm missing something!

You just said what I was thinking Pete, we must be in the minority though as there are quite a few likes on his post! Even when the glass worktop is in the up position I will just put my cup in the sink or in between the two burners.

You just said what I was thinking Pete, we must be in the minority though as there are quite a few likes on his post! Even when the glass worktop is in the up position I will just put my cup in the sink or in between the two burners.
....or on the fridge top.

Ah, but what if the sink has washing up in, and there are two pans on the cooker

I like your smart red lid Cyclopath, very nice.

I like your smart red lid Cyclopath, very nice.
Thanks David, I like it, especially when down
It does make the van and cooker darker when the lid is up though.
I now see why VW used frosted glass.
I am going to see if I can stick some thick silver foil on the underside, without it looking messy, to bring back the light

My problem was, if the interior table isn't up , and you need to get to the sink, but you have a drink on the top, where do you put it.View attachment 13595
The solution, was a little pull out table on top of the drawerView attachment 13596
And as it is only half the length of the drawer, when pushed back, you can still get to the contentsView attachment 13597
I used the hardboard from the bottom of a fruit tray Lidl was throwing out.
Great idea, I've copied it but used an offcut of plastic facia board. Works a treat.

Thanks David, I like it, especially when down
It does make the van and cooker darker when the lid is up though.
I now see why VW used frosted glass.
I am going to see if I can stick some thick silver foil on the underside, without it looking messy, to bring back the light

Cyclopath, I must be a bit thick, but, if it's dark why don't you put the light on.
Sorry for the late reply, I need to think before typing:bananadance

Cyclopath, I must be a bit thick, but, if it's dark why don't you put the light on.
Sorry for the late reply, I need to think before typing:bananadance
Hi David.....and even later reply , as just back from a month away
Light on is obvious.......infact it was so hot and sunny in France it wasn't a problem
The foil looked dreadful, by the way.
Both my little tables got loads of use aswell
I'll be making a sink cover chopping board/ table next, that then slides over one of the hobs, as I have seen on an earlier post

I love these kind of California hacks, is it worth starting a thread for others to add theirs? We are just back from our first weekend away in our California, and looking for adjustments to make things even better.