Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Liverpool Van Centre

Lots of communication before I placed my order then zero for the next ten months bar replies every time I chased my cali up.
This despite promises they would keep me informed.
The only time I was contacted without a pre-emptive mail or phone call was when they were checking I was still coming on the day of collection.
Pleasant enough and always apologetic, but only after each time I complained.
Every dealer is the same, at the end of the day they need to pay their wages they don’t honestly care about you!

Every dealer is the same, at the end of the day they need to pay their wages they don’t honestly care about you!
This is sadly true of all brands. The salesman doesn't want to give you bad service but they are juggling customers and certainly won't be thinking of your repeat purchase in 3 or 4 years time. It's just a retail outlet at the end of the day.

Liverpool have been great, very helpful, a relaxed showroom, no pushy sales. Given keys to open vehicles, also was given an Ocean for a test drive, told to just go drive, come back when you're finished with the drive. Delt with Ian, John, Adam and of course, California Chris. All the guys have been great, and Chris is so knowledgeable and friendly. Great experience so far, well done.

Ordered from LVC back in November 2020 and collected our Coast last Wednesday. Can only praise the service from Adam and Andy through the buying process, from matching (actually slightly beating) my Autoebid quote, through to getting a spec change for me after the deadline (didn't originally pick privacy glass), answering all my newbie questions and build week queries and right up to Andy collecting us from the train station after a 6 hour journey from Norfolk. All very much appreciated.

So the pattern of poor service for us from Liverpool Van Centre continues.
Firstly it was the sales department in 2018, then the service department in May 2019.
Due to lockdown we had to use them again today as we are unable to travel to Llandudno our preferred choice.
10 days ago they booked us in for a diagnostic re an intermittent oil light.
Cali was duly dropped off early this morning, having not heard an update from them by 3pm we telephoned them as we have an hours travel to get to Speke for collection and they are currently closing at 5pm.
The receptionist said she would contact the workshop and phone us back which she duly did about a quarter of an hour later. On returning our call we were told that the workshop had been very busy and had NOT looked at the vehicle so needed to keep it until tomorrow. Three visits three negative experiences with Liverpool, very disappointing. Now we wait to see tomorrow’s outcome.
Despite our previous negative experiences with Liverpool Van Centre we decided to give them another try as a number of forum members speak positively of them.
It went to LVC on Monday for a full service and MOT through the ‘all in plan’ and as it is 4 years old in a few weeks, to have the advisory Cam belt, water pump and brake fluid changed. This work was carried out without issue, Van was ready as promised at the end of the day, the staff member we dealt with was pleasant and polite, so all good?
Sadly not all good, on arriving home as we reversed onto the driveway the reversing camera failed to work. I couldn’t fathom this as to my limited knowledge none of the electrics would have been involved in the work that had just been done, I wondered if the diagnostic could have been responsible?
As the dealership was now closed we contacted them the following morning. We spoke to the same service advisor we had dealt with the previous day, he was at a loss as to why this had happened. Van is booked in for next Tuesday for them to investigate. Since not working on Monday evening it worked twice on Tuesday but not at all since then.
It seems we are fated never to have a positive experience with LVC.

Despite our previous negative experiences with Liverpool Van Centre we decided to give them another try as a number of forum members speak positively of them.
It went to LVC on Monday for a full service and MOT through the ‘all in plan’ and as it is 4 years old in a few weeks, to have the advisory Cam belt, water pump and brake fluid changed. This work was carried out without issue, Van was ready as promised at the end of the day, the staff member we dealt with was pleasant and polite, so all good?
Sadly not all good, on arriving home as we reversed onto the driveway the reversing camera failed to work. I couldn’t fathom this as to my limited knowledge none of the electrics would have been involved in the work that had just been done, I wondered if the diagnostic could have been responsible?
As the dealership was now closed we contacted them the following morning. We spoke to the same service advisor we had dealt with the previous day, he was at a loss as to why this had happened. Van is booked in for next Tuesday for them to investigate. Since not working on Monday evening it worked twice on Tuesday but not at all since then.

It’s bad timing the fault didn’t occur before you went in for service work (which has nothing to do with your reverse camera) to save you going back twice. I’m glad you had a good experience with the work they did! You never know they might even do the first half hour diagnosis for free as you’ve spent some good money with them.

Would they have needed to plug the diagnostic tool in? Mines booked for service 4 & MOT in a few weeks - billy and Anne always dead good.
Another few years and I’ll probably be doing it myself anyway.

Seems very positive feedback for Liverpool which doesn't surprise me. Called in the other day whilst working in the area still pleasant and chatty even though they know I'm not in the market for another Cali. :cheers

It’s bad timing the fault didn’t occur before you went in for service work (which has nothing to do with your reverse camera) to save you going back twice. I’m glad you had a good experience with the work they did! You never know they might even do the first half hour diagnosis for free as you’ve spent some good money with them.
I’m of the opinion that the fault has happened whilst they’ve worked on the vehicle.
No issues with the camera in the past 3 years yet they have the vehicle from 8-5 and there’s a fault appears, too coincidental.
Would they have needed to plug the diagnostic tool in? Mines booked for service 4 & MOT in a few weeks - billy and Anne always dead good.
Another few years and I’ll probably be doing it myself anyway.
Billy confirmed they did a diagnostic.
No complaints re Billy & Anne, nor of the work it was booked in for. Camera has worked for 3+ years without issue, fault mysteriously appeared after it was in LVC for the day.

I’m of the opinion that the fault has happened whilst they’ve worked on the vehicle.
No issues with the camera in the past 3 years yet they have the vehicle from 8-5 and there’s a fault appears, too coincidental.

Billy confirmed they did a diagnostic.
No complaints re Billy & Anne, nor of the work it was booked in for. Camera has worked for 3+ years without issue, fault mysteriously appeared after it was in LVC for the day.

Please explain to me how carrying out and service and cambelt change on your engine has anything to do with a reverse camera? It can fail at any point and just so happens failed when you got home. Quite simply bad timing.

Please explain to me how carrying out and service and cambelt change on your engine has anything to do with a reverse camera? It can fail at any point and just so happens failed when you got home. Quite simply bad timing.
In your opinion.

I’m sure I read an article (possibly on here) that lots of garages remove or switch off cameras whilst doing work on the vehicle. Worth a check?
Yes, Dashcams are routinely disconnected in many Dealerships, not just VW, but not Reversing Cameras.

Back