Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Local servicing near Plymouth

TheCornishNinja

TheCornishNinja

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just had our Cali looked by a local independent today after loss of all electrical power. Suspected alternator but as it turns out was an auxiliary belt that had come off and wound itself around and stopped the alternator working - could have been a lot worse and a much larger bill. In the end a new belt and a few hours labour to untangle said belt.

Point being a big thank you to this forum and members for the recommendation to a garage less than 3 miles from my home that I knew nothing about! Saved a trip the the main dealer and the bill / service levels that come with.

We know where we will be taken Cali for the first service since we’ve had her later this year.

Happy to recommend via DM as unsure if allowed on open forum.

Many thanks again

@Roger Smith thank you:thanks

Hi ...is your Cali a new one or second hand? We are awaiting an ex demo ...but as in West Devon interested in your experience as may be very useful in future to have a good reliable garage nearby thx

Used Cali 2014 registration.
Where are you buying from, Exeter and Carr’s?
If ex demo I presume you’ll get the servicing at VW for warranty purposes for a few years?

Just had our Cali looked by a local independent today after loss of all electrical power. Suspected alternator but as it turns out was an auxiliary belt that had come off and wound itself around and stopped the alternator working - could have been a lot worse and a much larger bill. In the end a new belt and a few hours labour to untangle said belt.

Point being a big thank you to this forum and members for the recommendation to a garage less than 3 miles from my home that I knew nothing about! Saved a trip the the main dealer and the bill / service levels that come with.

We know where we will be taken Cali for the first service since we’ve had her later this year.

Happy to recommend via DM as unsure if allowed on open forum.

Many thanks again

@Roger Smith thank you:thanks
Hi there, Could you let me know where the garage is please? Much appreciated!

Hi @tangocharliedevon .

It is between Saltash and Liskeard- 15 mins from Tamar Bridge.

Great guy there called Tom Merrit who owns it. Company called TM Auto Solutions I think. His mobile number is 07468 607762.
done cam belt, water pump, servicing plus a few other bits (as above!) for us and A1.

All the best

Steven