Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all

Mine is indicating a service as being due. It is currently on 9,400 miles and is a late 68reg. First question, does the van need a service at this interval, for some reason I thought it wads every 2 years or 20k? Secondly, I can get a minor and major on a service pack for just under £500 staying with the main dealer option OR I can go to my local independent who I know and trust as they are excellent and have this done for less. Will there be an impact on resale of non VW service? Opinions please...

Many thanks

Jon

Hi Jon, did you not get a few first services free thrown into the deal?
I get mine serviced once a year on its birthday regardless of mileage. The first two are relatively cheap as its just oils and filters so well worth doing during the warranty phase to cover your butt if anything happens to it

Hi Paul

No I was given the choice of the options voucher or service pack but in value terms the options voucher was "worth" more. How much were you paying for the oil service please? It isn't a cost issue it is just whether it is worth sticking to main dealer but thinking about warranty etc you are probably right. The chances are we will keep our van for c. 10 years and it will always be serviced properly it is just whether you ever claw back on residual value a main dealer history?

Cheers

Jon

I would stick with main dealers while its under warranty for the first three years unless you have an extended one for 5 years? You are fully covered then if anything goes wrong and they cant wriggle out of any faults.
If i remember the first two services are around £150-£180, and the third is higher, im not 100% sure as i got my first three thrown in to my deal.
After your warranty is up maybe its worth looking for an external VW garage that specializes if every penny is a soner, ut often learning man valuable lessons over the past 20 years with VAG parts, i recommend that you always use genuine parts and liquids. I learnt the hard way numerous times trying to save costs on parts on older cars back when you could still get parts off the shelves :confused:
Apologies for grammatical errors in here, when i try to correct it seems to want to delete the word in front so i gave up!

I would stick with main dealers while its under warranty for the first three years unless you have an extended one for 5 years? You are fully covered then if anything goes wrong and they cant wriggle out of any faults.
If i remember the first two services are around £150-£180, and the third is higher, im not 100% sure as i got my first three thrown in to my deal.
After your warranty is up maybe its worth looking for an external VW garage that specializes if every penny is a soner, ut often learning man valuable lessons over the past 20 years with VAG parts, i recommend that you always use genuine parts and liquids. I learnt the hard way numerous times trying to save costs on parts on older cars back when you could still get parts off the shelves :confused:
Apologies for grammatical errors in here, when i try to correct it seems to want to delete the word in front so i gave up!
Thanks, that's great. I think you are right and certainly for the first 5 years I'll go with the VW main dealer.

Back