Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lock on under seat draw

Jim Haviland

Jim Haviland

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looking for ways to secure camera equipment in T6 Ocean - the safe in bottom of wardrobe would not be big enough.

Has anyone ever considered putting a lock on the under seat draw - fascia is plastic but draw construction seems to be all metal.

Appreciate it would not be full proof but if it makes life difficult for a thief they might move on.

Jim

Ignore this just realised they could get in from the top !!

It is doable.

I have seen it done but cannot recall where. But notice that you can lift up the seat a bit, so maybe you need to create a removable top for the drawer.

I found this via Google: https://www.vwcampershop.nl/en/44-storage

But the one I remember had the lock on the side …

Under the rear shelf is pretty secure in an ocean. The tailgate is just about impossible to open if deadlocked & the metal grille/bed base won't come out without the tailgate being opened. The only way in to the boot area would be via the side door & then slide the bench forward.

Do a search for ´sliding drawer lock ´ you may get more info.

Hi, where did you buy this lock? And are you able to post more photos of the lock installed? Thx

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

If you lift the seating a bit, you can get in. At least in some T5-series. Don't know about T6.

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.
Yes, but it took us about 4 years to work out that the seat lifted slightly from the rear.

hello, we have the bearlock built in via the VW campers Amersfoort. It is perfect. At the top under the seat they put in a metal plate so thieves cant get in via uplifting the seat. Total cost about 500 euro. Works with the same key as for the dsg bearlock. We love it on camping places if we have the side door open and dont want to close it anytime. We put in mobiles, wallets, ipad, etc. Very easy to work with and lots of space. Regards, frank5E0C9F3D-76CE-4045-BB0B-5491C064AB3A.jpeg

We got this fitted to our T5 (in 2008 I think) - cost about £120. I don't understand how you could lift the seat to get in...?20180304_145958.jpg

You can lift the backside of the seat. This part is pushed up to make it a flat surface to sleep on.

Maybe another option is something like this bolted down in the draw ?

24C3B67A-9116-40BF-9C4A-E5D165861AC5.jpeg

That's why DIY options are not very useful unless you have a metal plate on top.
Thanks Guys. Never thought of that - don't think I'll bother with the metal plate though......

Most locks are just for deterrent anyway. Like a bowl of water next to the van to pretend there is a dog around. I don't know if a big bowl is more effective than a small one though. :D

Under the rear shelf is pretty secure in an ocean. The tailgate is just about impossible to open if deadlocked & the metal grille/bed base won't come out without the tailgate being opened. The only way in to the boot area would be via the side door & then slide the bench forward.
I agree with andyinluton. Any thief could get that drawer open and a lock on it only shows there’s something valuable inside. And there’s one more key to lose!

Back